"How...how old is she?"

My question triggered her in some way as her cries increased after I asked her that

"She is gone Draco. She is gone and it's all because of Adam. He took my child away from me"

To say I was shocked, would be an understatement. For the past two years, I knew Adam had hurt her in some way. But never did I expect him to be the reason she lost her child.

"What do you...what do you mean?"

"I was something seven or eight months pregnant, when he hurt me. Alot. He blamed me for things I didn't do. And because of the fight we had, I went into early labour. And my daughter. She...she was born with a hole in her heart. She passed away when she was a month old and I...I ran away. I wanted to kill myself and that is the night..."

"I found you"

"Yes. And...and he did so much more. Things I can't even talk about right. I...I need time to tell you all of that"

I nodded.

She didn't say anything after that. But I knew she was hurting her. I didn't know what reason Adam had for hurting her. It didn't matter to me. I just wanted to kill him for all he had done.

I hugged her again and let her sob in my chest.

"I am so sorry that this happened to you. I won't let him hurt you again. I promise"

-----

Ava was lying on the bed besides me as she kept looking at the ceiling without saying anything. And although she had stopped crying, I knew her wound was still there.

"Do you think...do you think she is alone?"

"Love. She is not. She is happy wherever she is"

"When I...when I found out everything, all I could think about was Lia. I was given a second chance at motherhood, and what did I do? I just left my daughter "

"Hey. Listen to me. You didn't abandon her. You needed answers and you went looking for them. And you promised that you would be back. And here you are"

"I wish I could be content with what I had. You and Lia. I wish that I never went looking for the answers "

"You were missing a part of yourself. No matter what, you would always have that emptiness within you if you stayed with us asking no questions"

"But what about the emptiness I feel now. The fact that I had a daughter and I forgot about her. And the fact that she is...gone"

"That emptiness will always be there. No one can replace her. But I will be there with you, helping you through the pain"

As I said that, she turned to stare into my eyes.

"I thought I could love Adam. I thought I was understanding why I was in love with him before all this."

Her words hurt me but I didnt say anything to it.

"But now. I feel angry at myself. I feel angry that I loved him. I feel angry because I was hurting when I left him."

"You can't help it."

"I just...I just want to forget him. All over again"

I ran a hand through her hair as she said that.

"Sleep love. Rest"

She looked like she had so much more to say. But she just nodded and didn't object.

----

After Ava finally fell asleep, I left her to go check on Lia.

And that is when the bell rang again

Oh shit. It was Sharon

I immediately ran to open the door.

"Heyyy," she exclaimed as the door opened.

"I brought chocolates for Lia. I hope that's okay"

"Sharon. Hi. Chocolates are fine. Perfect."

She smiled and started to walk inside when I blocked her path.

"Listen. I dont think it's a good idea. You meeting her today. Can you just...look I'll call you for when you can meet her"

"Wait what. Draco you told me I can meet her everyday until Ava came back. Why can't I meet her today?"

"She's back. Ava. She is back"

"Whattt. I thought...no it can't be. Wait Sabrina?"

My breathe hitched as she said that. And I soon found out why.

I turned and surely there stood my Ava, or more precisely speaking Sabrina.

And she looked more shocked than anyone else

Next update in two days