"Thomas is fine, Gage. In fact nothing happened to him....I've been here working all night." With his hands on my waist he leans back tilting his head in confusion. "But I asked for you and Ethan said......" I watch as realization washes over him, before anger contorts his face. "That mother...." His grip on my hips tightens before he lets go. He turned toward the door and I quickly put myself in his path. "Gage, stop! I know you're pissed, I am too. Going at him while you're seething like this is not a good idea. I've already reamed his ass good, try to let it go, at least for now. Please." Like the night on the lawn I can see the throbbing vein in his neck. His hands are balled into fists at his side. His breath is hard and heavy, I can feel the rage practically radiating off of him. I raise a hand and place it on his chest. At my touch his eyes darted down to meet mine. "Please Gage, it's not worth it." Something in his eyes changes. His face softens as his body leans, yet again, into my touch. Placing one hand over mine he uses the other to gently caress my cheek. "Yes you are....you're worth everything Katya."

Why does he always know what to say to make my legs turn to jelly? "I just want to get out of here. Will you sneak out the back door with me?" A boyish grin tugs at his lips. His eyes scan around the room, making sure everyone is occupied as we slip past the curtain. We quickly made our way up the backstairs and through the DJ booth. Once we were out the back door we raced down the stairs and out of the building. In total hysterics we were like two teens running from the scene of something forbidden. "Where did you park?" I asked as soon as I caught my breath. My question prompts him to fall into a fresh round of laughter. "What? What's so funny?" My lips curled up as I watched the amusement on his face. "I don't have my car or my bike. I rode with one of the guys inside," In that instant our eyes met and we both cracked up laughing again. "Come on, I'll take you home." I tilt my head motioning toward my car. "Alright but no funny business, I'm not that kind of boy."

I have tears in my eyes and the fact that he maintains a serious expression only fuels my laughter. "It's not funny, I don't just give the goodies away. I insist on a little dinner and romance first at the very least." This man knows exactly what to say or do to turn my mood completely around from one second to the next. "If you don't stop you're going to make me piss my pants," I wiped my eyes. I was completely distracted by him and didn't even realize we'd reached my car. "Then give me your keys," he snatched them from my hand, "I refused to be driven anywhere by a woman who wets herself." He winks at me as he opens my passenger door and holds his hand out, gesturing for me to climb in. "Smooth as always I see," I commented as I slid into the passenger seat. Closing the door, he walks around and climbs behind the wheel, cranking the car.

"So I left it alone, are you at least going to tell me what happened? Why did he lie to me and what did you say?" He pulled out of the parking lot and I started at the beginning. I told him about Ethan's attitude toward me starting the second I walked through the door. I mentioned the odd jobs, the dirty looks, and the snide comments that continued as the night wore on. Even mentioning Gretchen I divulged everything leading up to Circe's revelation and discovering his text messages. I chronicled each step of my temper tantrum and the subsequent conversation that occurred in the parking lot. I got to the part where Ethan stated I'd been 'whoring myself out" just as Gage pulled into his driveway. Roughly throwing the car in park, his knuckles were turning white from his tight grip on the steering wheel. I gulped audibly in the silence that fell inside the car like a thick heavy blanket surrounding us.

He turned off the engine and leaned back into the seat briefly before finally getting out of the car. I scrambled out of the passenger side in time to see him pocket my keys. "Uh Gage, you know I'm going to need those to get home." He chuckled softly and reached out, offering me his hand. Looking at it a feeling of warmth washed over my body, I placed my hand in his and he laced his fingers through mine. I looked at our hands, leisurely letting my eyes travel upward, little by little, until my eyes fell upon his face. He beamed down at me before tilting his head back slightly, indicating the house behind him. "Come on.." he coaxed. My hand squeezed his and I followed him without hesitation or question. "Don't think you're touching my cookies either mister," I joked, my expression mischievous. He pulled me closer, looping my arm through his. "I wouldn't dream of trying to steal your cookies darlin'." Why did that make my nipples tighten into hard pebbles, filling them with a needy sensation that shot down to my core? Feeling an odd moment of shyness. I bit my bottom lip, lowering my eyes as my cheeks reddened.

As we entered the house we strolled into the living room where I went to sit on the couch. "I'm going to have a glass of wine, would you like one?" I nodded in reply. "Sounds good," He disappeared into the kitchen and I heard him rummage through the cabinets. My feet were killing me so I took off my shoes and pulled my legs up under me, making myself comfortable. He appears in the doorway, two glasses in hand. Coming over to the couch he hands me one of the glasses. "I thought we could talk for a little while, if that's okay with you." He takes a drink of his wine but his eyes never leave my face. "Yes, of course. It's more than okay." I hope that didn't sound too eager. "Are you sure, I know you've had one hell of a night." He's so sweet, always so concerned about my feelings. "You can most definitely say that again. But talking to you will be a good thing, it's a much better way to end my night." I informed him.

"Okay then, there are a few things we should consider and discuss before we take this 'venture' any further," he began. That makes sense, we never did get into the details. "I agree, we should absolutely go over the specifics. Where do we start?" He took a deep breath before he spoke. "Well, many people who aren't married or in a committed relationship draw up contracts. Some contracts are in writing, others are merely verbal. It would consist mainly of rules and expectations we both have. While it won't be legally binding, it's a show of trust and respect between us. I'm comfortable with whichever one you choose, verbal or written. As time goes on we will add, subtract, and make changes to the agreement, most people do. I've never had a contract yet where someone didn't change their mind about something. I'll need to know both your soft and hard limits, plus you'll need a safe word." I frown, I don't even know enough to answer any of that for him. As if reading my mind he immediately addressed my concern. "In case you aren't sure of all the possible options, I'm sending a general list home with you. There are many things we can explore. Look at the list as a jumping off point."

"What days do you make the most money at the club?" I contemplated his question for a second before giving him an answer. "The weekends for sure, Friday through Sunday are always the most crowded nights." I answered. "Okay, I propose you work on those nights and spend Monday through Wednesday with me. That will leave you Thursday to have all to yourself." I narrowed my eyes at his suggestion. "You want me to stay with you for three days a week," I queried. "How else do you expect this to work, Katya? Over the phone?" he jested. He had a point. "Okay, you can stop laughing at me any time now," I admonished. "I'm sorry babe, you're just too cute sometimes," he soothed, "Okay, back to real talk. Now, the next order of business, location." I took a quick look around the living room in confusion. "I guess I didn't really think that part through," I admitted. Either place, his or mine, would probably be awkward for Thomas and Circe. Not to mention it'd be a distraction, possibly even embarrassing, for me. God, I thought, maybe it wouldn't work....

"Don't panic, I have a place we can use. It's a private property my...my brother left me when he died." His face fell slightly at the mention of his recent loss."Oh! You never mentioned it." I didn't ask any questions, I attempted to keep the conversation going. "Where is it, I mean is it a long drive?" Getting up he walks over to a desk in the corner of the room. "Ah, not too bad. I'd say maybe 30-40 minutes, it's right outside the city." He opens a drawer and pulls out some papers that he brings back, handing them to me. "This is the list for you to look over. I've marked the things I enjoy. That doesn't mean that we have to do them. Just go through it and notate your feelings about each one." He snickers at my expression as I take the packet of papers from his hand, glancing over the first page. "Each item has a small description, in case the term is foreign to you. The answers are divided into yes, no, and maybe. There is a 1-5 scale to indicate your preference or level of enjoyment for any item you mark with a yes. Some items are gender-specific so skip any item that would be solely indicative of men. Once you've done that we can sit down and look it over and go from there." I nod, refraining from diving into the list right then and there.

"Okay, sounds good," I say looking at my watch, "I should probably get going. It's pretty late and I'm exhausted." I set my half empty glass on the side table and pull my shoes back on my feet. "Come on, I'll walk you out." He accompanied me to my car, opening the door for me. I slide in and he closes the door, leaning against the frame of the open window. "Always such a gentleman....." I glance up at him through my eyelashes in a flirty manner. He beamed at me mischievously. "Not always darlin'." He leans in and brushes his lips softly over my cheek. "I'll see you later, gorgeous." I start the engine but I don't back out of the driveway, I wait and watch him disappear into the house.