20. In Silence

Nathalie has been in a hit and run accident and was rushed in Philadelphia State Hospital. The family rushes to her aid but were too late. Once they have arrived the news broke that Nathalie had a concussion and a high chance to have amnesia.
Josh's POV
We have been waiting for hours now, waiting for a single news on how my sister is doing, after hours of waiting a doctor comes out of a room and says "Parents of Nathalie Matthews" Mom and Dad stood up "I am glad to inform you that she's awake, we took test on her just right now and she seems to be doing fine but she has a broken arm and sadly she has short term memory lost" he says sadly Mom and Dad nod "Can we see her?" I ask he looks at me and says "Of course but only two at a time then maybe if she has met all of you again maybe you all can go in." He says we all nod, " You guys go first." I tell mom and dad they nod going in Nathalie's room they didn't come out for another 10 minutes but once they came out mom said "You have to take it easy on her, she doesn't remember much the only thing she knows are us as her parents and Josh, Morgan, Eric and Cory." Mom says we all nod Eric and Morgan came in next. They both went out with sadness written all over their faces. "She remembers us" Morgan smiles "but, she looked bad, there were scars all over her arms. Yet she's still the positive bubba she is." She continues. "Matt, want to go in with me?" I ask him he nods we both stand up and walk in the room. Where I saw my sister sitting down in her bed with a gauze wrapped around her head and a broken arm. I stop myself from crying. "Hey, how are you feeling?" Matt asks "I'm feeling fine but may I ask? Who are you?" She says pointing at Matt, "Nat, it's me, Matthew your boyfriend." He says in the verge of crying. "Josh, I have a boyfriend?" She looks at me "Yeah, you do and he loves you very much." I say with tears in my eyes "Well, I'm Nathalie, nice to meet you again Matthew." She smiles I look over Matt and smile sadly. "Hey, Uh Josh can I talk to Matt in private?" She asks I nod and walk out the room "Uh she's talking to Matthew." I explain they all nod then Riley speaks up. "Uh, can I go alone after?" She asks quietly "Sure Riley." I say with a smile.
~INSIDE THE ROOM~
Matthew's POV
It was awkward. It was hard. My girlfriend forgot who I was. "Hey Nathalie, look at your ring finger." I say she does what she was told and look at her left ring finger. "Wow this is pretty." She says, "I gave it to you, when I asked you to be my girlfriend" I say trying not to cry "you don't remember that though, it's alright. I will wait." I say looking into her eyes. "If you want to keep it, it's yours anyway, I love you Nathalie." I cry "Hey, don't cry, I'll remember someday," she says with a smile. I smile but my teardrops on the ring "I'll keep it, as a sign that someday you and I will be together once more." She says, I nod "I'll go call your family ok?" I say she just nods, I wipe my tears away and walk out the room I sat down next to Josh as Cory and Topanga step in the room. "Hey," Josh says "Hey." I reply "So?" My best friend asks "Someday." I reply "Someday? There is still hope for you two!!" Maya says I smile at her "Don't lose hope ok? Because loosing hope will get you nowhere."  She says I nod once more "Thank guys" I tell them as I hug them both after Cory and Topanga Riley, Maya, and Auggie come in the room. I hold my face in my hands. Worried about Nathalie.
Maya's POV
I look over Matthew before going in, he looked so miserable. I felt sad for him. Riley and Auggie and I went into the room and see Nathalie she looked bad "Hey Nat," I say "Hey strangers" she says we all look shocked "Aunt Nat! It's me bubba!" Auggie says "Hi, bubba, I'm sorry really but who are you three?" She asks confused, "It's us Aunt Nathalie, Riley, Maya and me, Auggie." Auggie reminds her "ok?" She says "Uh, can you call Mom and Dad?" She says I nod and walk out "Mr. and Mrs. Matthews, Nathalie's looking for you guys." I say they look at me and goes in the room. I sat down next to Josh and we wait once her parents get out they said, "we all should head back and let Nathalie rest, Matt would you like to stay with Nathalie?" Mr.Matthews say. Matt nods and he heads to Nathalie's room while we head out to the car. I sigh hoping that she would recover soon.
~NEXT DAY~
Matthew's POV
I didn't realize I fell asleep holding her hand. I woke up first so that I could get us food, I shake Nathalie awake and ask her what she wants for breakfast. "Hey, Nathalie want anything for breakfast?" I whisper she groans "Pancakes" she says, I stifle a laugh even if she forgets she still loves Pancakes. "Ok, anything else?" I ask "Fruits" she replies while her eyes still closed I nod and grab my wallet and head out, then my phone rings with Mrs. Matthews' name on it. "Hey, good morning Matt, is she awake?" "Yeah, I was just about to buy breakfast for the both of us.""You don't need to do that we already have that covered, but may I ask what did she want?" "Pancakes and fruits" "Perfect!, we'll be there in a few with your food, I know what you want Matt don't worry." "Thanks Mrs. Matthews" "Call me Amy, I said that before." I laugh "Ok, Amy, See you guys later." "bye, Matthew and thanks for watching over my baby." I smile and she ended the call I head back to the room and see Na't already sitting down in her bed watching TV. "Look I'm on the news" she says I look over the TV to see the news about her accident. "Hey! Where's my food!" She asks I laugh " Your parents are coming over to bring you food" I say, she smiles at me. "I don't remember anything about the accident," she says "why was I out anyways?" She continues, "Do you really want to know?" I ask she nods, curious about how she ended up here with memory lost. "You and Riley were in a very huge fight, she said thing that you didn't like and uh, you ran away through your window and I guess, got hit by a drunk driver." I say, I sit down in her bed and look in her eyes which has tears "hey don't cry." I say as I wipe away her tears "I remember most of it." She says. "Yeah? What do you remember?" I ask "I ran upstairs to a room and a guy chased me but I locked the door and grabbed my stuff and escaped trough the window." She says "Then I remember what that girl said, "I wasn't a real Matthews" she said and I  broke and ran away."  She says, I hug her, "Hey, you're a Matthews ok? Your family loves you so much, Nathalie. I love you." I say she nods and hugs me back. Then her parents arrive with food and clothes for me I thank them and changed into fresh clothes and then we all ate breakfast together. I am hoping she recovers soon but I know someday is going to happen for us.