1.Surprise!

Date: February 14, 2020

Nathalie's POV

"Alright, guys get ready Josh will be home any minute now." Mom tells everyone and we all scatter around Cory and Topanga's living room to hide, I hid with Riley and Maya behind the dining table and we shut the lights off the room and after a few seconds, Josh comes inside the door and turns on the light and once he is inside then we all jump out of our hiding spots "SURPRISE!" we yell and Josh jumps back a bit in surprise. Mom and Dad come up to Josh to hug him "Happy birthday my baby boy! you're already 21 !! you're growing up too quick Josh!" Mom tells him "Josh Happy birthday! be a good man ok?" dad tells him as he hugs him "Yeah I will" Josh replies, then mom and dad hugs him and they go to Cory and Eric to talk; I walk up to my brother "HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOSHIE!" I greet my brother " Thanks bubs" he replies as he hugs me "so how's being 21 treating you?" I ask him "so far so good" he replies "you like the party? " I ask "yeah thank you so much, I know how much effort you and everyone put into this," he says I hug my brother and he leaves to go talk to Riley and Maya.

*1 hour into the party*

An hour has passed and we just finished eating and now Josh is opening his presents. First, he opens up Cory and Topanga's which is binders for college and 4 beanies and 7 t-shirts, and then he opens Eric's gift is a big book that says "secret of life" and then Morgan's gift was a scrapbook full of pictures when Josh was young and then Riley, Maya, and Auggie gift was a photo collage with the picture of Josh and Maya at the center then we all look and Maya and Josh then I was the one to ask " YOU'RE DATING!?" "Yes ever since new year's eve" they reply I look at mom and dad and from the looks of it Mom was about to cry and Dad was comforting her "Aw we're so happy for you two," Mom tells them and then we all pull them in for a group hug and then someone came knocking in the door ruining this beautiful family moment. I came to the door to open it then when I did we all saw Shawn "Am I too late for the party?" he says and Josh came in to greet him "no not at all Shawn" then he pulls Maya next to him "Josh why is your arm around my Daughter?" Shawn asks "um, Shawn, Maya and I are dating" he says to Shawn "Wait did I hear you right?" Shawn asks "did you say your girlfriend?" He continues to ask Josh "yes Shawn since New Year" Josh replied "New Year?!" Shawn asks and they both nod "well as long as you take care of Maya, make her happy and love her then I support your relationship" Shawn says "Thaks Shawn" says Josh and then proceeds to hug Shawn and then he goes to talk to Cory and Topanga, and then Auggie comes to sit next to me "hey Augs, how are you?" I ask my nephew "Ava and I are fighting again" he replies "why Aug?" I ask "well there's this new girl in my class that keeps on flirting with me and Ava is starting to get jealous and then earlier today she made me choose between her or Catherine," he says " wow that's tough Auggie, but you know that you love Ava right?" I ask and he nods "tell me how do you feel about Catherine and then tell me how you feel with Ava. Is that ok Augs?" I ask "yeah of course" he replies. "Ok tell me what you like about Cath?" I ask "well she's kind,polite,and she's really good at art kinda like Maya but she's not Ava." He said "well I think you have your answer" I tell him we continue to talk until Mom stood up and announced that it's time for speeches. "Joshua Matthews 21 years ago I gave birth to you, you came earlier than expected and to add to that you stayed at the hospital the first few days you were born every day your father and I go inside that ICU we always pray and we believed that you will be fine. A few days after they said that the doctors have done the best they can do and then when we were just about to announce the news to your brothers you came through you're so strong my little boy and as a present from me,your father,and your sister we are her to give you your keys to your apartment just above Cory and Topanga's! It's all paid for you just need a roommate" mom says and hands him the keys "wow thanks mom,dad,and Nat!" He tells us and hugs us "Now you just need a roommate" Eric says then Josh looks over me and asked "Nat would you like to move in here with me,Maya,Riley,Cory and Topanga and Auggie?" He asked me "Yes of course Josh" I tell him "wait so I'm leaving Philly?" I ask particularly no one and everyone in the room "oh. then I'll be leaving Mom and Dad? Mr.Feeny?" I said "Honey you don't have to if you don't want to." Mom tells me "but I want to Mom; I just don't want to leave you and Dad." I tell her "Your mom and I will be fine Nat, Go live your life here besides you will be with your brothers and your niece and nephew and maybe you'll get a better chance of knowing your family" dad tells me "Ok. I'll go. I'll miss you though." I tell my parents "We'll always be in Philadelphia and you know that we'll come and visit you guys." Mom adds as she hugs me "I love you Mom, Thanks for loving me like your own." I tell her "you are mine, you're a Matthews at heart ok?"she continues "I know. I just hope that I find who left me at your doorstep and left me." I tell her "you'll find them bubs just hope ok?" She tells me and we hug and dad joins our hug "I'll miss you guys." I tell them "We'll miss you too, you and Josh." He tells me as Josh also joins our group hug "yeah? you will I'm your surprise." Josh tells dad "yes you are." Dad says and then my whole family joins our group hug this is one family moment that I always will love.