Interrupted Date

Before you read this chapter just wanted to say that I posted a long Grom one shot so if you want you could go check that out on my account!

Amity's Pov:

Today was my first date with Luz and I was gonna try my best to make a good impression, my parents were never home and of course they weren't gonna be here tonight either, my siblings said they were going to a party so I decided to invite Luz over.

I had just finished cooking the chicken Alfredo when I heard a knock at the door. I rushed over and opened it to find Luz fixing her hair with her tongue sticking out, which was cute when she did it. "Oh! Hey Amity" she said giving me a kiss on the cheek and walking in.

"Smells great, what are you cooking?" She asked, "oh well I made pasta" I answered leading her to the kitchen "but I thought we were gonna make food together" I turned around to where she stood, "well it would be funnier if we baked together so I bought some cookie dough and frosting to decorate" her eyes lit up "yes! Thank you Amity for cooking can't wait to bake with you" she bopped my nose and entered the kitchen with me following behind.

After we finished eating she thanked me and complimented the food, "this was great Amity, where'd you learn to cook this good?",
"Oh my mother taught me" I walked over to her and picked up her plate "oh no you already cooked I wanna help too, let me take these" she took the plates from my hand before I could refuse and washed them.

"Time to bake!" She yelled excitedly, I laughed and walked over towards her. We put the cookies to bake and after we started decorating, "alright what are you gonna put on yours?" She asked leaning over my shoulder to see mine "idk probably something simple" I answered while making a circular movement with the frosting. "Oh cmon thats boring" she giggled and started putting frosting on the cookie, after she finished I looked over to see what she had made "is that a squid?" I asked not knowing what the shape was. She gave me a little shove and raised the cookie "it's an owl!" She said laughing while putting the cookie in my face "hoot hoot, ya see?" She shoved the cookie in my face and I backed away.

"Sorry Amity I didn't meant to shove it in your face" she said worried, it didn't bother me instead I used this to have actual fun "well guess I'm gonna have to get you back" I grabbed frosting from the cookie and rubbed it on her nose "hey!" She yelled playfully pushing me. We ended up putting frosting all over each other until she fell back on the couch. I went over with the cookie shoving the cookie on her cheek while she tried to push me off, we were both giggling while I still hovered over her.

Just when I had got a little closer to her I heard a voice behind me "Uh Amity?" I turned around to see both Edric and Emira standing with the most confused looks. I jumped off of Luz and stood up while Luz did the same, my face heated up and I felt nervous all of a sudden "I um, we were just uh...hanging" I didn't know how Emira and Edric would react especially because they never really talked about LGBT which made me unsure of how they felt about it.

"Maybe I should...go" I heard Luz say behind me "actually yea Luz I think it would help if you left, I don't mean it in a bad way we just have to talk to Amity" Emira said facing me, I felt my stomach drop when they called me Amity, they never called me that.

Luz started walking out but gave me a warm smile before walking out which helped a little. After she left they both looked at each other and then back at me "Amity...we all know that most friends don't...hang that close, do you want to tell us something?" Edric asked, I really wanted them to laugh or make a joke but their faces were serious for the first time. I was nervous about telling them the truth but I didn't want to hide it from them out of everyone so I decided to tell them.

"Okay im not friends with Luz, I'm...dating her" I whispered the dating part but they still heard, I lowered my head to scared too see their reaction but all I heard was a sigh, I looked up a little confused "okay Amity first of all we are completely fine about this we don't want you thinking we aren't" Emira said I raised my eyebrow a little confused and asked "then why'd you look mad", Edric gave me a little smiled and continued the conversation "we aren't mad, we're actually happy you found someone, and Luz seems great but we're worried about you"

Worried about me? How? "Huh?" I said,  "you know mom and dad hate that stuff" oh no I totally forgot about how mom and dad would react they'd probably kick me out or refuse to talk to me, I felt tears rushing to my eyes and wiped them before they dropped "oh no Amity don't cry, it's gonna be fine we'll help you with them okay? But maybe just don't tell them yet" Enira said, they both rushed to me and gave me a hug. For the first time in probably my whole life they actually showed they'd cared.

"I was scared you'd hate me" Edric lifted himself from the hug and looked at me "we'd never hate you, we know we're annoying and embarrass you sometimes but we care, and we know dad and mom are tougher on you so now I think it's time for us to stick with you, I mean you are our little sister" he chuckled a little and they both let go.

"Sorry for interrupting your little date" Emira said pointing at the couch we're I shoved a cookie in Luz's face. "Yeah I guess I'll just have to reschedule that" I said giggling a little.

"Thank you" I said a little quietly, "no problem Mittens" Edric said messing my hair up, I shoved him and they both just laughed and went over to the kitchen to eat the rest of the pasta.

I was glad I got that over with now the hard part was coming out to my parents.

Right then I got a message from Luz apologizing, I told her about everything that happened and reassured her it was okay.

Luz: well then I also wanted to ask you if you'd want to come to dinner with me and mom tomorrow, she wants to me you.

Amity: I'd love to!