Chapter 13: Right Back Where We Started

Start from the beginning

"Lucifer." She breathed out.

"Hey sweetheart." Lucifer gave her one of his famous smiles.

"You know. This reminds me of that song. You know 'where's your mama gone?' But now it goes 'where's your family gone? Where's your family gone?'" Lucifer sang slightly, letting out a small laugh.

Esme has an unamused look on her face as she shoved his shoulder slightly. "Don't be a dick." She warned him.

"Whoa. Esme using big girl words now." Lucifer put his hands up in mock surrender. "Anyways. Where do you plan on going? Can't stay on a street bench till 2019." He told her.

"I don't know, alright? I have no idea what I should do. I'm a follower not a leader. That's Luthers job." She huffed and he didn't say anything for a bit.

"Ok...here! I'll help you get started." He smiled widely before shoving her off the bench.

Esme let out a small 'oof' as her butt hit the concrete. She gaped up at him before picking herself back up.

"Fine." She rolled her eyes before walking down the road once more, Lucifer following close behind.

"How long have you been here anyways? It took me awhile to find your exact location." He spoke up as she thought for a moment.

"Maybe two hours. Has to be midnight by now." She breathed out, wrapping her hands around her bare arms as she felt the goosebumps. "Why am I even walking? There's no where I can go. I have no money. I have-OH MY GOD AM I A HOBO?!" She quickly turned around to face him, her wide eyes starring at him.

"Hey! You have me." He pointed out before thinking for a moment. "Does that make both of us homeless then?" He questioned and she gave him a look.

"Not helping." She shook her head at The Devil and continued on her way once more.

~~~

"Might as well start playing 500 Miles because that's what it feels like right now." She felt her mouth start to dry and began to feel faint.

"Esme. Hey. You're fine, alright? Let's just keep going. A little more." He encouraged her as she suddenly fell on her knees.

Esme has one of her hands pressed on the ground next to her for support as air blew out of her now cracked lips. "Just need to catch my breath." Was all she said as her eyes started to become heavier.

"You know I can't carry you." Lucifer appeared in front of her, bending down slightly as he looked at her. "So get your ass up before-"

"You alright?" A voice cut Lucifer off and suddenly when Esme looked where Lucifer was, it was replaced by a dark hooded figure.

Her first thought was reasonable. That she was going to die.

"I'm fine." She reassured the figure, not bothering to get up quite yet.

"Let me help you." The man said as his black gloves hand reached out in front of her. Esme was hesitant at first, but what else would be the better option here?

Esme slowly slipped her hand into his as he tightened his grip a bit on her, slowly pulling her up. Esme finally met the strangers eyes and it seemed like everything stopped for her. She took it all in.

The black glove, black hooded figure, but the eyes. Those blue eyes with large black lines under them is what was familiar.

It was like a memory. A memory that never really happened. She saw clips of it.

Her opening the academy door to be met with this hooded figure that stared at her with those same eyes and the black gloved hand that was wrapped around a gun. Then the gun going off.

Esme suddenly ripped her hand away from the man as she took a few shaky steps back. He seemed like he wasn't even fazed by it. He just kept looking at her with the same emotionless stare.

"You." Was all Esme could say, she really didn't even know what to say, because to her it didn't happen, but it truly felt like it did. Just in an alternate universe.

"I'm not going to hurt you." The man finally spoke again, his voice was soft but at the same time strong.

"Yeah right." Esme scoffed, about to fight back when her health state finally caught back up to her.

"Of course." Was the last thing she said before darkness consumed her and her body hit the ground, the dark hooded figure towering over her.

**first chapter up for the second season. Sorry if it's a bit crappy. I just finished season 2 and wanted to get something out there.

If any of you have a question about anything. Just comment and I'll try and answer them at the end of each chapter**