Battle of Beacon

Y/N POV

I looked up staring at the nevermore breaking the barrier.

Warning Announcer: Warning: Safety Barriers Failing.

All the citizens ran past me and Ruby. I looked at Ruby who was kneeling and had her head down. An expression of shock and sadness. I looked down at the center of the stadium to see Pyrrha struggling to stand as she looks at the torn Penny.

Jaune: (in the stands with the remaining members of Team JNPR) PYRRHA!! Pyrrha, that thing's going to break in! You've gotta move!

Jaune, Ren, and Nora look up and see the force field flash as the Nevermore rises back up before diving back in. Wasting no time, the leader of Team JNPR jumps from the stands into the arena.

Nora: Jaune!

Jaune: (runs towards Pyrrha) Pyrrha, please snap out of it!

Suddenly, the Nevermore completely breaks through the holographic barrier, and the force of it landing on the arena floor knocks back Jaune, Pyrrha, and the pieces of Penny. The Nevermore screeches and lunges towards Pyrrha. Suddenly, the Nevermore is knocked back by a red, twirling blur of roses, with the cause of the blur gripping one of Penny's swords and stabbing into the Nevermore, before jumping back down in front of Pyrrha.

Y/N: Ruby...

I ran to the center of the stadium to meet Ruby and Pyrrha.

Pyrrha: Ruby?

Ruby: (with an angered, determined expression on her face, pointing Penny's sword toward the Nevermore) Leave her alone!

The Nevermore rises up and circles around the arena before lunging back down. Ruby holds Penny's sword defensively. Suddenly, the Nevermore gets pinned down by a barrage of rocket lockers, and screeches out in pain before going unconscious. The lockers then open up, revealing the weapons of various students. The students are then suddenly shaken when the Nevermore starts to get back up. Ren then leaps up into the air and uses the blades of his weapons to slash at the Nevermore's eye. Arslan Altan uses her rope dart to swing down and grab the towering Yatsuhashi from the ground carrying him upward. Sage also leaps up into the air, and Nora runs up to the Nevermore's head and hit it with Magnhild in its hammer form. When Arslan reaches peak height, she lets go of Yatsuhashi, who is then joined by Sage, as the two broadsword wielders slash down and decapitate the Nevermore. Causing it's head to land near me and Ruby before dissipating into black particles, while the students form a perimeter. As Arslan lands back on the ground next to her teammates, Ruby looks over to the teary-eyed Pyrrha.

Y/N: Guess it's my turn. (Uses scroll to get the locker launcher and grabs the weapon)

Pyrrha: (kneeling on the ground) Ruby, I... (she stops and holds a piece of Penny's torn cloth in her hands as her eyes continue to well up) I'm so sorry.

Ruby: (forlornly) Me too. (suddenly angered) But it wasn't your fault.

Jaune: She's right. (walks over to Pyrrha with Miló and Akoúo̱ in his hands) Whoever was on that microphone... they're the ones that did this. And we have to make sure they don't take anyone else.

Pyrrha stands back up and takes her weapons back from Jaune, the two of them exchanging determined expressions. They then look over to me and Ruby. Our moment is cut short we notice hippogriff-like Grimm land on top of the colosseum. They fly towards the group of students as Ren calls the Grimm species out by their formal name.

Ren: Griffons.

Neptune: Anybody got a plan of attack?

Ruby: Sun! I need your Scroll!

Sun uses his tail to flick his Scroll to Ruby, who catches and uses it to summon her locker, which opens up revealing Crescent Rose inside. However, Ruby is stopped when a Griffon lands on her locker, and roars at her before being scared away at the sound of a gunshot.

Port: (holding Blowhard in hand, with Oobleck holding Antiquity's Roast in its club form) Students! I think it would be best for you to leave.

Ruby: But we did a-

Oobleck: Miss Rose! This day will surely go down in Remnant's history. I'd prefer it if my students could live to tell about it.

Ruby nods at the Doctor's words before grabbing Crescent Rose and twirling it into it's scythe form.

Y/N: Ruby.

Ruby: (nods)

Y/N/Ruby: Let's go!

As all the students leave, Ruby gets distracted by the flash of Velvet Scarlatina's camera as I closed my eyes from the sudden flash. She stops to look at the photograph she took but is interrupted when her leader calls out to her.

Coco: Velvet!

With the students clear of the arena, Port and Oobleck stand back-to-back with their weapons in hand as the Griffons circle around them

Port: (laughs enthusiastically) One final match, Barty! Place your bets!

After everyone exit the stadium, we see General Ironwood who we run to.

Ruby: What's going on!?

Ironwood: Grimm are crawling all over the city. The White Fang's invaded Beacon, and to make matters worse, some... vagabond has seized one of my ships. Until we regain command, the skies are out of our control. So I'm... (Ironwood pauses noticing a Creep advancing on the group from behind, and shoots it before finishing.) ...going to take it back.

As Ironwood turns for his ship, he is stopped when asked a question.

Jaune: What should we do?

Ironwood: (turns and faces the students) You have two choices. Defend your Kingdom and your school... or save yourselves. (the students exchange looks with each other) No one will fault you if you leave. (Ironwood then proceeds to climb up on the dropship in front of him, as he addresses the crowd.) Let's move out!

As Ironwood leaves, the students look at each other and murmur before a certain monkey Faunus speaks up.

Sun: I mean... come on!

Jaune: We can take a ship to Beacon!

We got on a ship and started to take off to Beacon. While on the way there, Ruby decides to run to the bay doors of their Air Bus.

Y/N: Ruby! What are you doing!?

I ran after her and jumped off the Air craft and see what she was aiming for. She started to dial a coordinate in a locker.

Y/N: Rubes? You sure about this?

Ruby: Of course I am!

Y/N: Then I'm coming with you.

Ruby looked at me and nodded. After Ruby enters the coordinates, we hanged on to the locker as it starts flying through the air and onto the stolen air ship.
————————————————————————