Grimmund and Edgar had been stationed as half-time guards to ensure that nothing bad happened, though they highly doubted it, they couldn't be too sure. The men were rather content with being reunited after the battle and the long journey of overcoming their grief, and even from Vera's position at the doors, she could see Edgar eyeing Èowyn carefully from across the room. Gimli is occupying himself with Èomer and Thèoden while Aragorn talked to Haleth. Vera didn't know where Neptune and Legolas are, as they have disappeared from where she last left them and had enlisted the help of Corin to search for the two idiots. 

The last people of Rohan and Atlantis pass through, greeting Vera and Corin with bright smiles and half-bows before entering the large Hall, giving Vera and Corin the courtesy of closing the doors behind them, and officially starting the celebration. 

The crowded hall of Meduseld soon began to occupy the entire area with talks and conversations among themselves, drinks, and food being shared from the long table consisting of an assortment of different cuisines and meals meant for the guests attending the occasion. There are several groups assembling themselves onto the tables and seats respectively, letting the harmony of the place float through the room as the joyous event continued through the night. After losing Corin in the crowd of people ambling around the room, and inevitably giving up her search for Legolas and her brother, knowing that one of them will find her eventually as they always did, Vera had soon decided to stand by her grandmother and her cousin as they are the only people she can see that seem to be in a happy conversation. 

Thèoden was also in her line of sight but she didn't want to interfere with whatever he was talking about to an interested Edmund and a heavily bored Èmiliya, who is just about to run away if not for the presence of her King. 

Weaving through the tough crowds while greeting and apologizing to anyone she bumped into, Vera carefully arrived beside Èowyn and Trewyn, just about hearing the end of their conversation and a bundle of laughter before she appeared by their side. 

Trewyn beamed at her granddaughter immediately, appreciating the way that she pulled herself together. "Hello, Vera. You look good," Trewyn complimented kindly.

Vera smiled back at her grandmother. "Thank you, Grams, but this is all Èowyn's doing. That woman wouldn't let me eat until she was done with me. I think she purposely took a long time with Hope just to spite me. Though, she did do a fantastic job. But, to the important matters; I am hungry. When can I eat?" Vera asks, peering at Èowyn to glare at her as she stuck her tongue out before turning to an amused Trewyn to ask her last questions.

As she had asked her last question, a clinking sound resonated through the room, alerting the people of Rohan that the King would like to make an announcement and that their attention should be brought to him. Trewyn and Èowyn grinned at Vera as the mermaid groaned, alongside her desperate stomach, before Èowyn begins to disperse to be with her uncle as per the tradition of the people of Rohan. She could see the people begin to move and bustle around the room as they obeyed their King's order. Grimmund and Aldwin are now approaching the higher platform with the King's throne sitting atop of it proudly, along with Èomer and Èowyn as the family of King Thèoden began to stand by the King. Trewyn turns to Vera as the crowds began to clear. "Well, it seems that your moment has come. Soon after the speech, we will be able to eat and drink our hearts out. Though, as your grandmother, I wouldn't want you to drink too much...I have experienced a drunk mermaid before, Vera. Now, you can stand by Thèoden as per family tradition or disperse elsewhere. Your choice."

Vera practically danced in excitement at the thought of getting her food after a prolonged, despairing wait. "No, thank you, Grams. I'll be by the food if you need me. They are calling my name and I am not one to ignore one's call. And don't worry...I am definitely not planning on drinking tonight," Vera tells her, beginning to back away as a silence began to settle but turned around to face Trewyn again, whispering this time, "does Thèoden make long speeches?"