xi. arguing knuckleheads

╔═══ -ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ- ═══╗

𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑬𝑳𝑬𝑽𝑬𝑵
❝ 𝒂𝒓𝒈𝒖𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒌𝒏𝒖𝒄𝒌𝒍𝒆𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒅𝒔 ❞

╚═══ -ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ- ═══╝

* ˎˊ- ═══╝

NUMB. VOICES. BLURRY EYES. HEART beating. Lungs collapsing. Tears.

Vera Roman couldn't see straight. Human tears of shock and fear cloud her vision. Her eyesight is compromised, making her blind to her surroundings and to anything that moves. This isn't normal.

Vera could feel her chest constricting, collapsing in on itself as her lungs struggle to grab oxygen. Gasps escape her lips in an effort to obtain some air, but the more she tries, the more she felt like crumpling. This isn't right

Vera felt like the walls are crashing into her, trapping her between its stone walls. The struggle to grasp air becomes harder. Every inch of her body remains immobile and her mind fires up with panic and questions. Completely unaware of what she is doing, she tries to gain control of her body to escape the narrow corridor. Something's wrong.

Her hands move first. Blindly attempting to search for a support towards her trembling figure, her hands spread out in front of her, trying to grab something. Anything. With bleary eyes, she finally finds the wooden table beside her and lets her hand grab it firmly. Almost robotically, she settles onto its side.

Calm down. Calm down. Breathe. Calm down. Calm down. Breathe.

It's okay.

No, it's not.

Vera's heartbeat thumps wildly against her chest, threatening to escape her ribcage as the alarm places itself into her heart. It beat erratically against Vera's ears. For moments, it seems like all she could hear is her heart drumming. Then, something else.

Hooves.

Horses.

Someone is here.

Suddenly, her senses are back and ready to be used. The distress embedded in her system focuses on the entry of another. Trying to fight against the questions in her head, she manages to decipher one thought.

Council members.

She needs to get out.

Instinctively, she snaps out of her daze swiftly, and without any hesitation, she slips into the shadows of the sun and deeper into Rivendell. Away from everyone else. All her senses are paralyzed and diminish in their strength. Letting her brain command her legs, she tries to focus on her senses. To hear, to see, to feel something.