XVI. ❝Actually, I'm a Riddle❞

Start from the beginning

"You never know do you?" Rosalyn whispers, as they look towards her, "Who lives, who dies, who tells your story" She continues, taking a large gulp of her drink.

"Adore, it's okay" Regulus reaches over, placing his hand on her knee.

"We're gonna die aren't we" Rosalyn mutters.

"Eventua-"

"No soon, a war is coming, Merlin! My father is brewing this war, people are gonna die, we are gonna die for a cause that sometimes I question is worth dying for" She rants, running a hand through her ponytail.

"Nobody will die, dear sister, we are the highest of all, merlin the monarchy couldn't bring us down! This war that's coming it is just sister, don't let stupid fears plague your judgment" Bellatrix speaks, a frown on her face.

"Death doesn't discriminate between the sinners and the saints, who cares what side we're on? We're family and we'll all end up dead" Sirius shrugs his shoulders taking a swig of his drink.

"Yep, gonna be a long day" Evan mutters, stroking a circular motion on Rosalyn's thigh.

ϟ

As the train ride comes to an end, so does Rosalyn's fourth vodka. The sisters pull on their gloves and glasses, opening their parasols as they exist the carriage.

Instantly paparazzi snap the teens, Rosalyn grips onto Evan's arm, slightly staggering down the steps.

"Merlin! Give us a minute to get off the damn train" Sirius grumbles, at the other side of Rosalyn.

"Adore how does it feel to be an illegitimate Black!?"

"Bellatrix is it true you were almost expelled for threatening to use an unforgivable curse?!"

"Evan how do you feel about Ophelia Flint's remarks about your fiancée?!"

The paparazzi yell at the teens as they shoot photos, Rosalyn curses under her breathe, making her way into the 1st class lounge. As the door shuts behind them, Rosalyn pulls her parasol down, "what in Merlin's name has that bitch Ophelia said now?" She growls.

"Rosalyn!" Her eyes snap to Cygnus, as she bows her head quickly.

"Father" She whispers.

"Hurry up. Your late" Cygnus orders, instructing the teens to grab the portkey.

Her stomach pulls and stretches, as sick dives until her throat only to be swallowed again, her heels shoes find the ground - at the Great Black Cemetery.

"Shit" She mutters under her breathe, pulling up her parasol and taking Evan's arm.

"That bitch Ophelia? Yeah she's still my auntie remember" Evan hisses, as Rosalyn sighs.

"Sorry" She mutters, following his lead down to the casket, he squeezes her hand reassuringly.

Rosalyn takes her seat on the second row, in between Evan and Sirius, as the pastor begins to speak Rosalyn's mind begins to wander.

How much longer could she play this charade? As the loyal servant of her father, the best spell caster of her generation and she was on the opposite side.