IV. Adagio

Adagio can either be a tempo marking or a movement of a piece, instructing the musician(s) to play at a relatively slow, relaxed pace.

~•~

AN: I've added a small but very important change to the first chapter, so please go back and reread just the first 3 paragraphs of the last scene (where Adrien visits the grave) for a better understanding of this chapter :)

~

A girl with short, dark hair stood in the middle of the park, facing the fountain as the massive waters crashed downwards. Tiny droplets of water misted into her face, cooling her down on this sunny but cold day.

Adrien stood in the distance, gazing at the thin figure of his ex who had her back turned to him. The wind ruffled through her clothes, blowing her short locks in multiple directions. His chest tightened at the sight of her, remembering all the moments they've had in the three years they've been together. Running into her was the last thing he expected to do today. Maybe it was wrong to look at her, but it was so hard to look away.

She was still as stunning as ever.

Clenching his fists, Adrien stepped towards her. She hadn't noticed his presence, as the roaring waters drowned out the soft thud of his footsteps. Adrien now stood at her side, leaving a few feet of distance between them. He silently cleared his throat before speaking to her.

"Kagami?"

The brown-eyed woman perked up at the sound of her own name. She turned her head to the direction of his voice, where her sight took in a head of somewhat spiky, golden blond hair and the verdant eyes she used to love.

"What are you doing here?" Kagami asked.

Adrien shrugged, "I was going for a walk and I saw you standing here, so I just wanted to say hi."

Kagami's lips tugged downwards, "You still have feelings for me, don't you?"

Adrien shifted his eyes to the coin-filled water of the fountain, watching as violent ripples and splashes formed as a result of water crashing against water. Kagami didn't need words to know the answer to that question, it was written all over his face.

"I think it's time for you to change your target," Kagami sighed, "What we had is over, and I'm sorry it ended one-sidedly. But I'd rather end our relationship than pretend I was still in love with you."

"Thank you for your honesty," Adrien mumbled.

"I do think you're a great person, Adrien," Kagami continued, "Maybe we were meant to be, but not meant to last. Do you get what I'm saying? You need to move on."