11. You crush my hopes

(Warning: Choking and cringy scenes)

Taehyung was drifting motionless in the pool.

Jeongguk quickly jumped in, clothes still on. He reached under the boy's arms and pulled him out, lifting the boy easily onto the deck.

As he laid Taehyung on the floor he briefly took in how pale he was, his face was relaxed and peaceful as if he were merely sleeping.

It took a moment to realize that Taehyung was too still, even his chest was not moving.   Jeongguk started rescue breaths, chest compressions as he counting softly under his breath.

A moment later Taehyung's body twitched on the tiled floor. Almost like it was being given an electric shock, bringing his chest up off the floor and falling limply back to the ground.

Until finally, the sweetest sound reached his ears. Taehyung gave a weak cough.

"It's okay, you're okay, deep breaths for me, okay?" He murmured, his free hand pressed reassuringly against Taehyung stomach.

Jeongguk could feel the boy muscles tightening and contracting as he violently threw up and coughed up water.

After a few minutes, Jeongguk picked him up to his chest.  Taehyung was still visibly struggling for air, choking and gurgling.

"Deep breaths, Taehyung, I've got you." He repeated, as his fingers pressed to the frantic pulse at Taehyung's neck.

Taehyung looked like he was about to pass out, his chest heaving and his entire being trembling.

He wished he had a jacket or anything to cover the boy with, his shudders painful to watch. He tilted Taehyung face up, "Keep your eyes open sweetheart and just look at me,"

Taehyung responded slowly, blinking and forcing his gaze up to him. "Je- Jeongguk-"   He whispered, voice hoarse.

"Ssh, just breathe for me. Please." He whispered, stroking a finger down his cheek.

"I'm getting you to your room." He said firmly as he lifted the boy from the cold grounds. Taehyung just about managed to wrap his arms around the doctors neck for warmth.

"Keep your eyes on me." He said softly, "You can do it, deep breaths, in and out."