Please, Tommy, Please

"Please, Tommy, Please" Newt begged.

His heart falling into a black abyss, Thomas pulled the trigger.

The sound of the bullet's wet thunk as it shot through Newt's flesh still jolted Thomas back into consciousness by his own screams. He had never seen Newt's body. He hasn't had the strength to look. Thomas just felt him fall, clenching his eyes shut in denial over his actions. Lawrence had pulled him away then, tossing him into the back of the vehicle and taking him away from his best friend. They had been staying with the Right Arm for a few days now. A plan to blow up WICKED's main base was being concocted as they all prepared themselves to end it all. Brenda had contacted someone who could help them take W.I.C.K.E.D. down from the inside.

Thomas sat up, his sweat soaked sheets falling into his lap as he ran his fingers through his damp and messy hair. A soft rap of knuckles at his bedroom door echoed through the thick silence. The bed creaked beneath him as he padded over the cold floors to twist the handle. He was faced with dark hair and bright blue eyes. Teresa. Wiping the sleep from his eyes, he acted as if he wasn't falling apart inside at the loss of the glue that kept them all together. At the loss of Newt.