Chapter Twenty-One- Part Two

Bones, as well as rotting corpses, they were laying around the back of the cave where Claire was on her knees sobbing at the sight.
Bob instantly rushed over to her to make sure she was alright and helped her to her feet.
“Bob, I’m so sorry" she cried and he looked at her confused before she lifted her finger to one of the rotting corpses and he turned his head to look, still holding some of her weight.
His eyes met the sight of his love, Helena, Claire’s godmother, her skin pale, with the flesh sagging as it began to rot, she had been dead since she was taken, the blood on her head suggested a blitz attack which cracked her skull open.
Bob himself nearly collapsed but he forced his legs to hold him up, so he could continue to support Claire, she had loved her too.
“This one is Katherine Pearl" Jared said walking up to the librarians dead body, she had also been blitz attacked with a blow to the head.
“I’ve found Eric Sale" Tony spoke up, again the same cause of death.
“I’ve found bones, judging by the hunting clothing it was Keith Rowe" Harvey was the last one to find a body.
“Only four?” Claire asked shocked, her tears finally slowing and she and Bob shared a confused glance.
“But where are my parents?” she asked, heartache blooming in her chest, they weren’t here.
“And Mary Scather, the first victim, she isn’t here either then" Bob said and they all shared confused looks.
“I’m going to contact Officer Lewis on the radio, see if we can get the police down from Sydney, we’re going to need all the help we can get out here” Bob said but Claire had zoned out.

The next few hours were a blur, they managed to find a spot where a helicopter could land, it was small but they managed, the police from Sydney helped them take pictures and reports of the scene, talking to each one of them, Bob had helped Claire talk to them because she felt hopeless at what they had found.
No unknown subject, no parents, nearly the entire reason why she was out here hadn’t been here, she hadn’t found the answers, only more questions, where were they?
They all got a ride back to town in the helicopter, the Sydney police took the bodies to the town morgue before leaving, asking to be kept in the loop.
It was at the police station where Chad saw Claire.
She was sitting at Bob’s desk, her eyes distant, her body tense, stress pouring off her in volumes and he instantly knew that it was bad news.
Bob however had to be the one to explain it to him, after the Sydney police questioned them Claire had stopped speaking all together, she just stared off into nothing.
“Claire?” Chad asked as he walked up to her, she didn’t even look up at him, just looked straight at the wall.
“Claire can you hear me? What can we do?” Chad asked Bob, worried for Claire’s mental health.
“She’s probably had an emotional breakdown, we might need to take her to the hospital" Bob told Chad who instantly became more worried about her.
“What did you find up there?” Chad asked, looking up at Bob with tense eyes.
“Four bodies, Helena, Katherine, Eric and Keith, Mary Scather and Claire’s parents were missing" Bob answered.
“Their alive" Claire sudden spoke, it was barely a whisper but they had heard it and looked at her in complete shock.
“What?” Bob asked, taking a step closer to her while Chad’s eyes were frozen on her pale face.
“My parents, their alive" she said, her eyes still staring off at nothing.
“Claire you don’t know that, this kidnapper could have a second location for all we know, remember we also haven’t found Mary Scather, are you suggesting she might still be alive too?” he asked her and her face fell slightly.
She knew it was a long shot but with their bodies not being in that cave it meant there was a chance, at least to her it did.
“Remember how these victims are attacked Claire, blitz attack to the head, and then they would have had to survive all those winters if by some miracle they did survive the head trauma” Bob continued, causing Claire to become frustrated and she finally moved.
She slammed her hands down on the arm rests of the chair, standing up very quickly, glared at Bob before storming out, she wasn’t handling the situation well at all.
Chad chased after her, just because they had found some of the people who had been taken didn’t mean that they were safe, they didn’t find the kidnapper and the last thing he wanted was for her to be alone.
“Claire wait" Chad called as he jogged a little to catch up to her, her angry footsteps pounding the pavement as she walked down the main street, everybody staring, of course they already had heard about some of the bodies that had been recovered.
“Claire please don’t be mad at Bob, he was just telling you the truth, you can’t deny his logic just because it’s something that you don’t want to hear" Chad said to her once he caught up and walked next to her.
“Why can’t he believe that they are alive?” she asked confused, it was all she wanted, for her parents not to be dead.
“Claire even if they were alive think about how much they would have suffered, it would probably have driven them mad, you know how fragile mental health is, I mean look at what all of this is doing to you, it’s tearing you apart and it’s killing me to watch and not be able to help" Chad told her and she slowly came to a stop.
“I just want my family back" she sobbed, she imagined them looking just as Helena and the others did, rotting away until their flesh was unrecognizable before slowly becoming nothing but a pile of bones like Keith Rowe had been.
“I know you do, I understand that, but you have me, and Bob, as well as your grandparents, you’re not alone Claire and you don’t have to go through this alone" he said as he wrapped her in his embrace right there on main street.
People gawked, interested to see Claire breaking down, Chad shot them dirty looks to tell them to keep walking, their lust to be nosey and have stories to gossip about right now would not help Claire in any way shape or form and he was having none of it.
“Please... take me home" she sobbed, she didn’t want to be out here anymore, she wanted to be in the safety of her cabin, it was beginning to feel like home to her, especially with having Bob and Chad there with her.
“Come on" he said as he kept her tucked under one arm and he walked her over to his truck, opening the passenger door for her letting her climb in before he shut the door and made his way to his side.
Once they were in he instantly made sure the heated was on when he started the car, standing out in the cold hadn’t helped Claire, her face was even more pale then it had been, her hands shivering as mist came from her breath.
As soon as they got to the cabin the first thing he did was make Claire sit down on the couch as he wrapped a blanket around her and got to work on a fire.
“I missed you" Claire spoke quietly, her teeth chattering slightly, the glow of the fire making her tired eyes stand out.
“I missed you too, I’m going to make you something warm to eat” he said as he stood back up, walking into the kitchen.
Claire watched him as he moved around, chopping up potatoes, crumbing chicken breasts, it felt nice being back with him, while she had been out in the woods she tried not to think about him as it only made her want to turn around and come back and now that he was here in front of her and after what they found in the cave she regretted not turning around and rushing back to him.
He made them both chicken schnitzel with mash potato and mixed veggies, it was delicious, especially after only having basically soup the entire time she was out there, it was a welcoming change.
After eating they went and sat on the couch, Chad throwing more wood on the fire, glancing at Claire to see if she was still cold.
“It’s a good thing this cabin is small, doesn’t take as much for the fire to warm it up" Chad commented, at his house a fire would only really heat his lounge room.
“I want you" Claire said out of nowhere and Chad looked at her concerned.
“Claire you exhausted, you need rest, anyone can see your not doing too well" he said, a little colour had finally come back to her cheeks but it wasn’t much and her eyes were tired and bags were under them.
“Please Chad, I missed you so much, I want you to make love to me" she whispered, her eye lids becoming heavy as she watched him, as she admired him, his broad shoulders, his strong arms which she wanted to hold her, his firm chest and stomach, his thighs, she wanted to run her hands over him.
“Claire...” he began to say but she put her finger to his lips, slowly leaning in and capturing them against hers, kissing him passionately, all the days she had missed him making her only want to cherish every second with him.
He moaned against her lips, he couldn’t help it, she was taking his breath away, lighting something inside of him, he had missed her too, more than she could ever know and now here she was again, in front of him, making him grow hungry for her.
She was already tugging at the buttons on his shirt and then pushed it off his shoulders, running her fingers over his skin, he was so warm, it only made her want him more, she wanted his warmth around her, to fill her up.
She began to kiss his neck, softly nipping at it and he groaned, no longer able to ignore how she was making him feel, he needed her, now.
He practically tore off her clothes, as she did with him, passionately kissing throughout, their breathing getting heavy before he laid her down on her back and he looked at her beautiful face, tired but it still made his heart beat hard.
Stroking her cheek he kissed her tenderly, reaching down between them, running his finger over her clit, down where he slipped it inside of her, enticing a gasp from her, she was already wet, dripping in fact and it only made him grow harder for her, she already wanted him so badly and it turned him on something crazy.
Slipping his finger back out of her he heard her sigh, missing the feeling already and he grabbed himself, placing his tip at her entrance and thrust inside of her.
She gasped, tensing around him, trying to adjust to his big size, turning her head to the side, her eyes squeezed shut, it wouldn’t hurt forever.
It didn’t take long for her to relax and she looked up into his eyes and nodded slightly as she ran her hands down the sides of his stomach, over his hips and squeezed his ass, enticing him to thrust, pushing himself deeper into her, earning a moan from her.
He could feel so much of her, how wet she was for him, her pussy walls massaging his dick as she began to roll her hips, making these sexy little gasping noises, pleasure filling her face as she spread her legs as wide as she could for him, it was so hot seeing her like this, at his mercy.
He began thrusting at a slow pace, meeting the speed she was at with her hips, he could feel her hands squeezing his was every time he hit that spot in her, watching as her lips parted, her eyes closed as she became wetter around him, encouraging him to go harder.
That only got an even better response from her, each hard thrust earning a loud moan from her, he loved it when she moaned, and the louder she got the more he wanted.
Soon he was fucking her so hard and fast the couch was squeaking, her hands tightly squeezing his ass cheeks, her back was bent, pushing her tits up at him all while her head was lent back, he had never seen her more beautiful then with all the pleasure that was on her face.
“Oh Chad" she cried out, pushing up at him, wanting all of him she could get.
“Cum baby, cum for me" he moaned into her ear, pushing her over the edge as he followed.
He made sure to collapse next to her and not onto her, pulling her tightly against his chest as they both laid on their sides, she was shaking from adrenaline, gasping trying to regain her breath.
“I love you babe" Chad mumbled into her hair as he kissed her head and he heard her moan happily.
“I love you too" she replied and he knew she had already drifted off to sleep, too tired to stay awake and he promised himself that he would stay with her, no matter what happens or what she finds with this case, he wouldn’t let her go off again without him.