Chapter 3 - Above And Beyond

"Y/N, welcome to the team, champ!!!" Said one of the female coaches.

---------

Your POV

*Back at school*

As you walk down the halls with your so-called posse, everyone sends you a cheer or hug.

Accepting both, you reach back to your locker where half of the schools awaits for your arrival.

"Hey, guys!!" You exclaim. They all cheer and throw their arms around you. Suddenly, someone pulls you away and hugs you from behind. Turning around, you see the green-eyed girl you love and deeply care about.

"Guys, one at a time!! You don't wanna hurt the poor girl." Said Lauren. She softly smiles at you, holding onto you longer.

As you linger in her fragrance, someone interrupts you two by coughing.

"Lauren, c'mon, we gotta get to music with Y/N. You can cuddle with her more when we get there." Said Normani. You giggled at her thought as you softly escape Lauren's grasp onto you, lingering the feeling of her arms around you.

*At Music Class*

"Alright, first of all, Y/N Y/LN, would you come up please?" Asked Ms.Jamie. You walked up onto stage and waved at her. She returned with a small smile, holding up a clipboard.

"Here at Carolton, we first ask new students to sing for us, and just see how it goes on from then. Now, do you have any songs in mind?" Asked Ms. Jamie.

"Uhm, I have a song of my own." You say, seeing everyone's faces change from bored to surprised.

"Oh? And what's your song called?" Ms.Jamie asked in a questioning tone.

"Its called, " Never Alone Again" " you reply. She quickly nods, as you run off to the side of the stage, grabbing an acoustic guitar.

Relaxing your muscles as you get into the song, everything is calm and peaceful. Getting to the chorus, you gave as much power as possible until you got to the bridge.

*After Your Performance*

"WELL DONE Y/N!!!" said Ms. Jamie.

"I guess you were just what we were looking for." She says.

What does she mean?

------------

Here's another update for y'all. Sorry that this chapter is quite short, everyone hates homework and school. But, this is the best I could do, so don't hate on me. Thanks guys.

-Keona