18 - You don't have a crooked nose!

Start from the beginning

"Don't drink from bottles which aren't sealed. Someone might have spiked it." he said, scratching his neck with a small blush over his face. I smiled at him. He isn't that bad. "I have a feeling that I made a bad impression on you." he said after a bit of silence.

"No." I denied it quickly. Too quickly.

"I am really sorry for whatever happened before. If it was because of my question to Joshua, I am really sorry. I wasn't trying to be rude. I was just surprised that you got into the Debate club despite joining the school pretty late. That's the first time." he explained and I kind of knew where he was coming from. It's not his fault for thinking that way.

"Yeah I heard that before. A lot of times actually." I said smiling at him and trying to make him feel at ease. "And it's cool I guess. I am sorry if I over reacted for this." I apologized sincerely and he smiled at me. Damn! That was the brightest smile I have ever seen. And boy, he looks cute. With his messy dark brown locks and bright green eyes, and that overall height and physique, he is a total package.

"Why did your parents name you Cameryn?" He blurted after a few seconds of silent.

"What?!" I asked surprised, laughing a bit. He blushed again.

"I- I mean, you don't have a crooked nose." he pointed out and I just stared at him in confusion. What is he going on about?

And suddenly realization hit me and left me pleasantly surprised. Most people did not realize that. 

"I didn't expect anyone would know my name's meaning. Most people think it's Cameron and that Cameryn is just a spelling mistake." I said with a small laugh. 

"You can't really blame them. It is a very rare name. But I knew the meaning because I was interested in Gaelic customs when I was young." he continued and I felt happy that someone actually know the meaning. 

"But your mother isn't Scottish." I stated and suddenly felt foolish to admit that I knew about him. He didn't seem neither surprised nor uncomfortable that I knew this. 

"My mother's sperm donor is from western inland of Scotland." he said with a shrug. 

So he learnt about it because of his biological father.

There was some sort of vulnerability and immense sadness in his eyes. As if he was deeply disturbed with something about his life. I know that his my died two years ago. And he never met his father. 

I don't really know what to feel about it. He is rich, pretty sure he has never experienced bullying because of this. But doesn't mean that he is fine with it. He must be feeling very not normal because of this. I don't want to call it abnormal. Because that is form him to decide. When he realized that I was thinking about what he meant, he spoke up again. 

"Your mom or dad Scotts too?" he asked and I shook my head.

"Not at all." I said laughing. He looked at me confused. "My Dad just wanted my name to match with my brother's. It's Cameron by the way. And my name is the closest thing to that name." I said and he laughed.

"I think I like your Dad. He is funny. What does he do?" he asked and I felt like a log logged in my throat. 

"He would be teaching a bunch of college kids if he were alive." I said with a shrug and he winced. "Please don't say you are sorry." I said uncomfortably.

"Yeah, I know. It didn't mean shit when people kept parroting that they were sorry when my Mom died." he nodded in understanding and I just smiled sadly at him.

"Glad that you share my feelings." I said and he cleared his throat to divert our attention from the dark mod. 

"How is your stay in the town and at the new school?" he asked and with that we started speaking general stuff.