-4-

The past week and a half have been filled with nothing but studying and getting ready for exams that come next week. Every textbook that I own hasn't been closed since the first teacher said:

"This week, we'll be preparing for your final exam."

Those words are my utter demise. Final exams mean studying nonstop, drinking coffee like it's a needed medication, staying up until 2 or 3 AM, hand cramps because of all the notes I take, looking like a slob because I really don't give a damn what I look like. The list is almost endless. But I've always been like this when it comes to a final in any of my classes. Even in high school, I was like this. My friends called me insane because of all the studying that I did, and still do.

Since I've been studying, I've really slowed down on household chores. Laundry needs to be cleaned, dishes need to be cleaned, sweeping, vacuuming, and mopping needs to be done. My house is a complete mess. The only thing I've stayed on top of is checking the mail every day. I don't know what it is about this pen pal but I'm really enjoying it. I get ecstatic when I see the envelope addressed to me from him. It's crazy how it makes me so happy.

"Izzy?" Joey snaps his fingers in front of my face, causing me to jump and look around the room for a second.

"Where is everyone?" I inquire. Class had just began when I wandered off into a day dream.

"Everyone's gone. Class was over 5 minutes ago." He replies. "You must've fallen asleep."

"Oh no." I whisper. "I needed those notes, Joey! Why didn't you wake me up?!" I close my eyes and let out a slow breath. No need to get mad at Joey. This isn't his fault.

"I can give you the notes, Izzy." He speaks up after a few silent moments. My eyes pop open and look up at him.

"Really?" I ask. "That would be great!"

"On one condition." I roll my eyes and get up from my seat.

"What's the condition?"

"You help me study." He replies.

"That's all?" I ask. He nods as an answer so I evaluate the predicament in my head. Well, it could be a whole lot worse. "Deal." I finally say. He grabs some papers from his notebook and hands them to me.

"Can we start today?" He inquires.

"Later this evening. Around 5 or 6." I reply. "I've got your number and you've got mine so I'll text you when I'm ready. We can study at my flat."

"Sounds good." He says. "Thanks." He smiles then walks out of the room. I soon follow suit, making sure not to lose his notes.

~

I run up to my room and throw all of my books, along with my mail, onto the bed. Thankfully, Harry has written back to me and I absolutely can't wait to read what he's wrote. I grab his envelope and make my way over to my desk, ripping the seal as I sit down. I pull the letter out and begin reading it.

Dear Izzy,

Don't let that guy pick on you. He shouldn't be doing that at all. How rude and inconsiderate of him. If he keeps on, let me know because I'm not afraid to come there and kick his ass.

And, of course, we can try to figure out each other's problems together. That would be fantastic actually. And there's no need to thank me, alright? It's my pleasure.

How about we start this by getting to know each other a bit? I'll start. My name is Harry Edward Styles. I'm 20 years old. I love to sing and act goofy with my friends. I'm about to graduate from a two-year college with a degree in General Music. I plan to either transfer to a four-year college and further my education or find a good paying job and start living like a 20 year old with a job.

I'm just curious, and you don't have to answer, but does Izzy stand for anything?

Oh, and one day when you're a lot more comfortable with the idea of me and all of this, I would really like to actually meet you in person at least one time.

Sincerely,
Harry

I've been smiling the entire time that I read. I just absolutely love to read his letters. They make me absolutely giddy.

I grab the nearest pen and sheet of paper so I can begin writing my letter to him.

Dear Harry,

Don't worry about that guy. I've got everything under control. He's pretty much completely harmless. He just gets under my skin easier than most people.

Trying to get to know each other might help us. Maybe it'll bring us closer together as pen pals. My name is Izzy Bella Marx. I'm 18, almost 19, years old. I love listening to music and watching all of the seasons to one show on Netflix in one night. I'm about to finish my first year at college. Finals are exhausting for me but, hopefully, I do really good. After I finish at the four-year college I'm attending now, I plan to find my dream job in the city and start working. Maybe I'll find a guy and start a family but who knows.

Izzy is actually short for Izarra but most people can't pronounce it so I stick with Izzy.

One day, maybe, we will meet. I think it would be a good thing for us to do in the future. Even after we stop being pen pals, I hope we keep in touch somehow.

Sincerely,
Izzy

I fold the letter and seal it in an envelope. I put the correct addresses on it then go out to the mailbox and put it in there. Now to clean my house and get ready for Joey to come over.

-A/N-

Hello my lovelies! What'd you think of the update?

Do you guys wanna know what happens between Izzy and Joey on this "study date" or would you rather me just skip it?

What I find cool about this story is that you guys don't know where Harry is. He could be 5 cities away or 1 city away. Distance is key.

I love you guys so so so much :)

~MrCupcakesWhore~