Reconnection.(Palace Cook Fritz x Princess Reader)

Start from the beginning

Her (colour) eyes looked up at her mother,who was giving her the gentlest smile in the whole kingdom.

"(Y/N),i am going to tell you something and i want you to listen to me very carefully."

The girl blinked confused,feeling her large hands cupping her little ones.

"The world can be a dangerous place,trying to push away the good people so the bad people will come to the top."

Suddenly,between her little hands felt a piece of jewelry,but she didn't look at it yet.

"Don't let that happen.Always do what's best for your kingdom."

Their eyes locked at that moment,as her mother placed a kiss on her forehead.

"I love you so much,my sweet little (Y/N)."

~~

I was way too young to understand what my mother meant back then.

After all,as a kid,you always see the good in people.

But now i understood what she meant.

"Mother,today is my eighteenth year,and i am becoming the new Queen."

Her reflection on the mirror made her almost collapse,as she was wearing the dress of her coronation.

Her eyes stared at herself,as her hands were laced with one another.

"Suddenly,i understand what you meant,back when i was a kid,sitting on your lap in the garden."

Heavy footsteps of knights were running around the palace,guarding every hallway and every corner.

"The world is so cruel after all."

Her fingers reached at the little drawer in her vanity,pushing the drawer outwards.

"But i will try and keep my promise."

She lifted up from the little wooden box a necklace,having a small oval piece hanging from it.

"I love you mother."

With a lowering head,she finished what she had to say,gripping on the little necklace she was wearing.

She tried to not let tears roll down her cheeks,as she inhaled and exhaled deeply.

She let the little sunflower rest near the gravestone,as she found some courage to lift herself up with the heavy dress.

She was back inside the castle,as her maids and royal followers were cleaning her up from any dirt or grass before guiding her towards the doors of the throne room.

"You look magnificent my lady."

"You will look even more magnificent with the crown on your head!"

"Or with a prince by your side!"

The maids giggled,blushing at their little comments as (Y/N) sighed.

"Enough ladies,i won't be needing your help from now on."

The maids pouted,walking away but still whispering to each other little things which made her roll her eyes.

This is it.

The moment i have been preparing my whole life.

The trumpets from the other side of the door could be heard,as the guards opened the doors for her.

Her fingers intertwined together,as she walked along the red carpet with gold decoration displayed along the fabric.

Her eyes were looking forward,straight to her father who was waiting for her by the throne.