Hidden Chapter

Written by: cliffordcondoms

"Which cuppy cake do you want, darling?" Ashton asked and turned to his daughter, who kneeled on one of the high chairs on the counter, her small button nose pressed against the glass box to observe the delicious treats.

"Blue." She points to the smallest blue cupcake on the last shelf with hungry eyes before smiling at her father in need. "Dada, white."

"White one for Daddy?" Ashton asked for confirmation as he slipped on a thin, plastic glove to grab a hold of the two treats. As Arya nodded her head, Ashton began to feel nervous. The ring in his pocket suddenly felt heavier than ever before but the smile that his precious daughter sent him was enough to assure him that everything would be fine. "Do you think Daddy will like it?" The girl nodded. "He'll be here soon. Are you going to bring it to him?"

Arya shook her head as she pointed back at Ashton. "Papa do."

The brunette sighs in exasperation before slumping down in worry. Arya sensed this and climbed onto the counter to hug her father's head in hopes to cheer him up. "Papa sad," she frowned.

"No, I'm fine, baby." Ashton tried to smile and patted his daughter's belly to assure her that he was fine. And of course, with a giggle, the toddler agreed. "I want to make Daddy happy, but I could really use your help-"

"I help!" The girl beamed. "I help! I help Dadda happy! I help."

He smiled and pulled out the black felt box that his been in his pocket for at least two months. His fingers ran over the smooth surface, all while biting his lip and contemplating if this was the way he actually wanted to ask Luke. It sounds cheesy but it's simple. Luke was never the type of guy to like anything too big anyway.

He felt a warm pair of arms wrap around his shoulders in a comforting way but he jumped anyway, not expecting anyone to be here at Breathe Me but his daughter and him. "Oh my God!" Sarah gasped. "You're finally proposing!" She then picked up the black box and opened it, revealing the ring Ashton picked out with Calum. "Ashton," She whimpered. "It's beautiful!

The older man began to blush as he took the ring out of Sarah's grip to observe it himself. "I really hope he likes it."

"He'll absolutely love it." She assures with a sweet smile. "You really love him don't you?"

"More than he'll ever know." He places the ring on the frosting and smiles at his gasping daughter. "This is only one way to show it."

~~~

When Luke arrived to Breathe Me, everyone in the coffe shop froze except little Arya, that is. The moment she saw her father enter the door, she ran from behind the counter and hugged his knees in a fit of giggles. "Hey Kiddo," He chuckled and ran his hands through her curls before picking her up and resting her on his hip. "Where's Papa?"

"I dunno." She shrugged with a devious smile that told him otherwise. "Papa help Sarah clean."

"Are they in the kitchen?" He asked as he sat down on the seat with the sun, which gave him a direct view of the counter.

But before Arya could reply, Ashton had popped out from behind the counter, no longer wearing the dirty apron or his work clothes. He instead wore a navy dress shirt with his black skinny jeans - not even Luke was dressed this formal but he believed it should be perfect. "Morning sweetheart."

"Oh," Luke smiled. "There you are! Are we having breakfast like you mentioned? Arya's been begging for a cupcake but I think she should eat something beforehand."
Ashton stayed behind the counter, his nerves increasing as the time to propose neared but he didn't let it show. "Can we try something different?" He asked. Luke nodded reluctantly but agreed as he set their daughter down, whom was wobbling towards Ashton. "Let's have desert first. I mean, I already promised her she'd have one and it was the first thing she saw when she walked in."

Luke only stared at his boyfriend and then at the little girl in his arms. He knows this technically shouldn't happen but he's okay with it happening only once. "Okay," he sighs before displaying a smirk. "But I better get one too."

Ashton smiled and tried to imagine what was about to happen next. He just really hopes his breath doesn't stink or that he didn't sweat through his shirt because he definitely wouldn't marry a man who'd be like that. "You wanted the blue one, right?"

Arya nodded frantically and made grabby hands at the cupcake Ashton was holding. He only smiled as he made his way towards the table, his hands almost shaking as he approached Luke. He ended up handing Arya both cupcakes and carrying her in his arms. "Dada, cupcake."

When Luke looked up, his smile faded into a look of shock and covered his mouth to block out any noises. "Ashton what are you-"

"Luke," he interrupted before setting the yummy treat down and grabbing his hands. "Before you say anything, I just want to remind you that I love you so so so much and I'm not the best at showing it, as you can tell." He eyes the cupcake with a shy smile. "But I try to always give you the best and I know I'm not the most Romantic but Arya picked this out and I wanted to involve her because I want to start a family with you - a life with you by my side as my husband. And I know i usually say 'actions speak louder than words' but in this case they don't." He sighs as he kneels on one knee and holds Luke's hand to slip the ring on. "Luke Robert Hemmings, will you Marry me?"

Luke stared at Ashton's begging eyes; which sparkled with hope and joy and then back at the diamond ring. It must've taken him forever to save up for that, he thought as he shook his head in disbelief. "Yeah." He nodded. "Yes, Ashton, of course!" He didn't wait for the sandy haired boy to make a move, he was far too quick and had already slipped on the ring and jumped onto Ashton, wrapping his long legs around his waist as he stood up to spin Luke in circles, causing both men to giggle before joining foreheads. "I love you," Luke spoke before nudging his lips against Ashton's. "So much."

The older boy smiled and pressed his lips against his fiancé a large smile. "I love you too."

~~~

I'm sad this is the last chapter omg

Its been an honor writing with Kaetlyn so I want to thank you for giving me the opportunity to be a part of this

*shed a tear*