E p i ł ø g u e

written by:CliffordCondoms

"Hold still." Luke groaned, his hands still trying to figure out his friend's bowtie. If he's being honest, he's never even touched one in his life but it's not like he can call someone over anyway. He's the only person Calum trusts besides Michael but then again, its a tradition that your fiancé shouldn't see you before walking down the aisle and of course, Calum has dreamed of this moment ever since he left the hospital with Michael by his side so he needs for everything to be perfect-even the stupid bowtie. "Quit shaking!"

"I'm sorry!" Calum frowned. "I'm so fucking nervous, Luke!"

Luke sighed as he eyed his best friend. And yeah, he could tell Calum was nervous by the way his hands trembled when they came up to wipe the sweat beads forming on his forehead. "Hey," He called out, "you'll be fine, buddy, okay? You shouldn't be nervous. He loves you and you love him right?"

Calum nodded shyly.

"See?" Luke continued to wrap the bowtie around his friend's neck with a large smile. "There's nothing to worry about."

Calum reciprocated the action before slapping Luke's hand away in a playful manner. "Well, actually there is one. . . it's this bowtie." Before Luke could reply, Calum was scrunching his nose and hugging his friend. "No hard feelings but where's Ashton? I need his help."

"No can do." Luke sighed, sitting down on Calum's bed where he could see his reflection on the mirror across from the room. "He's putting Arya to sleep."

Calum nodded with a half smile-a part of him feeling empty and jealous of Luke's relationship with Ashton. He desperately wanted to start a family with Michael too but he's afraid that he may not want any. Luke has been very blessed to have an open minded boyfriend, and that resulted in them adopting a two year old girl from France. She was an orphan as a newborn when her mother died during birth and father left them both while the mother was pregnant.

So of course, Ashton's big heart couldn't resist picking the happy baby. She would refuse to be carried by anyone that wasn't him. She'd giggle and cling onto his curls with joy whenever he'd smile and call her name. But she also loved Luke more than anyone. The little baby would always make grabby hands towards him whenever they visited so of course, it was an easy yes. She even resembled them a bit with Ashton's brown, curly hair and Luke's blue eyes. Even if she wasn't blood related, she still fit in with their small family; the soon-to-be Irwin's.

But deep down, Calum adored the little girl and Luke's choices. And I mean, Michael and him did help name her. Ashton and Calum still haven't noticed they chose the name because of Arya Stark from Game Of Thrones.

"She's a peach." He chuckled before turning to Luke, whose smile turned bigger than ever at the mention of his daughter. Even the corners of his eyes wrinkled, meaning he found his true happiness and Calum couldn't help but tear up at the thought of how fast they've grown up. "L-Luke," His voice cracked as he extended his arms. "I love you so much and I know I haven't been telling you lately but I do, mate. You saved my life so many times and I can never thank you enough. . ."

Luke's smile contorted to a look of endearment as he held his friend tightly in his arms. ". . . but I really wish I did because look at us. We've grown so distant and don't ever see each other unless it's through skype and now that Mike wants to move away, I don't want to lose you again. You were the best thing to ever happen to me and have created such a large impact on my life. It's crazy. Promise me you'll try to visit me? Please?"

Luke was shocked. But before he could reply, the small voice of a little girl squealed his name down the hall.

"Daddy!" She shrilled into his arms after he scooped her up. Her curls bounced with every cacophony of laughter as Luke covered her in kisses and adorable greeties. "Papi ate cookie..."