S i x t ę ę n

Written by: lashtongiggles

"DONT TOUCH MY DART."

The guilt of Calum's words were almost eating Luke alive. Of course he wanted his friend to be happy but at what cost would his happiness take? His thoughts are replaying over and over, most of them going back and wondering if Calum will even remember the encounter or not, and that's what worried him most.

A main problem in which he was facing is that what if he doesn't remember? Calum would never hate him right? He removes himself from Calum with ease and strolls into the kitchen with a gut trembling cough. He pulls out a large pot from underneath the counter and sets it upon the stove and turns it on as he pulls out ingredients for soup and sets them out. He hums as he cooks, filling the pot with water and chicken broth until it got to the satisfying amount and set it on the warm stove top to wait for it to heat up. The blond walks to his room and searches for a sweater of some sort or a sweatshirt. He finally finds one in a pile on the floor and shrugs, smells it and puts it on. He's never seen this particular sweatshirt before, or at least he doesn't think so. After he returns to the kitchen, he cuts up chicken and breaks some noodles to put in the pot and sighs, his eyes venturing to his friend on the couch once more.

Calum promised. He promised he wouldn't drink again, but he did it anyway. How is like supposed to trust this Michael guy if he's just going to get his friend into trouble all the time.

"Luke?" He jumps at the sound of his name and looks up.

"Hey, Cal." He smiles genuinely and looks at his friend. "How ya feelin'?" He asks rather loudly, to see if he'd react.

"Good." He speaks with a lowered voice and grimaces at the sound of his friends overly loud tone.

"Really?" He muses, adding several different spices and mixes the food.

"Mhm." He murmurs, searching the top cubbords for something.

"Looking for something?" Luke asks, hearing the wood slapping together. Of course he is. He's looking for the bottle Advil, which Luke purposely put in the spice box.

"Just some Advil. I have a crick in my neck from sleeping on the couch." He lies smoothly as if he does it every day. Luke clenches his jaw and glares at his friend.

"I had the weirdest dream last night where you came home late and you were drunk." Luke starts off with a frown as he notices his friend freeze. "It was so weird. It seemed so real. Anyway I had just come from the bathroom not five minutes before you came stumbling in my room giggling and shit. You were with Michael last night and you go drunk and you told me about it and then suddenly the next day pretends like it doesn't happen!" He's shouting by the time he's done and makes his friend flinch noticably then he turns so they're facing each other.

"I'm sorry, Luke." He murmurs, making the blond deflate a little bit.

"I'm not mad at you, Calum. Do- Do you remember what you promised me last night?" He asks quietly, placing the bottle in his tan friend's hand.

"I-" he starts but ends up shaking his head and opening the Advil bottle as well.

"We are going to talk to Michael about this. Today." He does the same thing he did before, but less dramatic. His head drops and he lets out a low sigh.

"Okay." He mumbles quietly. Luke sighs and throws a hard squiggly noodle at his friend, laughing when it lands in his hair. "You didn't." The tan boy smirks and grabs whatever substance is behind him and throws it at Luke, which for some reason happened to be a jar of spaghetti sauce. The red sauce splatters across Luke's face and even in his mouth as he gasps and flicks some off of his eyes.

"Oh, it's on." Luke smirks and grabs the hose from the sink and turns on the water.

"You wouldn't." Calum says, raising his hands up in defense.

"You and I both know that's not true." the blond smirks and points the hose at his friend. Calum is inching towards the fridge, the only thing that'll offer him protection and ammo. The hose is dripping with water from the sink, the only thing that could be heard was their money being tossed down the drain. Luke's finger has twitched setting Calum off as he makes a break for the fridge and opens it after he gets soaked with the freezing cold water and is still half showing even after he attempts to hide himself behind the door. He chucks anything and everything he can at his best friend as the two laugh their asses off like complete idiots. Luke is being pelted with random foods and begins to wonder why he kept those tomatoes in their home for so long since they are beyond rotten.

"Ew! eww!!" Luke squeals and tries to wipe the food off his face while still trying to hit his friend. When he gets nailed in the face with last week's spaghetti, then he's had it. He drops the hose and tackles his friend so they're rolling around on the ground playfully hitting and tickling one another.

You could say that their friendship could be thought of as more than a friendship every once in a while, but that was okay with them. Both boys knew that they would never go for one another and take a chance at ruining their friendship. They cared about each other too much to try and ruin that. And frankly, according to Luke, Calum wasn't his type.

Their wrestling match ended with Calum pinning the pale boy to the ground by his wrists breathlessly. "I win." he breathes, but Luke smirks.

"Looking at you now I'd say I win." He says, taking note of the older boy's sopping wet apparel. "I bet even your underwear is wet." the blond smirks make his friend's cheeks glow a shade of pink. "Do I get you as wet as Michael?" He asks wiggling his eyebrows.

"That didn't make sense, Luke." he says, his face glowing brighter from embarrassment.

"You know it does." he presses cheekily. "You know, I never thought you'd be a screamer." suddenly the weight on Luke is gone because Calum just can't stand to hear any more of it.

"Bastard."

a/n: so this is kind of shitty idek :///// I wrote this in between readings for my drivers course lol it's so stupid how they give you a time limit to read it and they set it for so long idk and I mastered the French braid on my own hair weeee bye

PS CRIES BC ASHTON

DONT TOUCH MY DART.