T w ę n t y T h r ę ę

written by: lashtongiggles
Luke somehow gets Calum to let Ashton in their house, getting the chance to get in behind him as well to drop off their groceries before he gets kicked out.
"What did you do to him, Luke?" the elder asks as they're making their way back to Ashton's home.
"It's a long story." Ashton just laughs and looks at his younger friend as if he were insane.
"I've got time." so as the two boys walk in the cold pressed up against one another, Luke tells the story of what happened between the two friends. "I never thought of Calum as being an alcoholic." Ashton says as he unlocks the door to his home. The blond shrugs and shoves his hands in his front pockets, entering Ashton's flat and expecting a warm gush of air but the temperature doesn't really change much. "You know alcoholism is related to depression." he says as Luke follows him into his flat. Ashton sets his keys on the counter and kicks his shoes off near the door.
"Really?" Luke asks, suddenly becoming worried for his friend.
"Yeah. I mean, not to get you worried but I had a friend that was a drunk and he was acting like Calum and he turned out to be depressed. He probably just needs someone to talk to, but don't worry about it you can talk to him tomorrow he'll be cooled off by then." and in his sudden retrust in Ashton, Luke agrees with his elder friend.
"Okay, yeah, you're probably right." he mumbles, slipping his vans off right next to Ashton's shoes. He let's out a breath he didn't know he was holding and follows ashton into his kitchen, even though his apartment is like one room with the kitchen and bedroom basically the same thing.
"What do you want for dinner?" Ashton asks, already searching through his cabinets.
"I already ate." Luke lies, avoiding his hunger in place of his nonexistent appetite.
"Okay, then I'll just eat some ramen." Ashton starts to babble on to who Luke assumes is himself so he decides to not pay attention. He leans so his back is to the the counter and his eyes averted to the ground. He can't help but get this horrible feeling deep down inside his stomach, but before he can identify it he's pulled back into reality.
"Luke!" he jumps at the sound of his name being called.
"What- Yes?" he feels his cheeks heat up in embarrassment when he sees Ashton looking at him with amusement twinkling in his eyes.
"I said, do you want to watch a movie?" he smirks and the blond nods, blushing furiously. "Go pick one out then." he nods his head in the direction of his tv so that's where the blond goes, he goes and picks out a disc and inserts it into the television. Ashton soon joins him and the two boys sit so close to each other they're practically sitting on each other. Luke could hear the pounding of Ashton's heart in his chest, feel the soft gaze flicker on and off of the younger boy's body as his fingers gently brush on Luke's arm lovingly.
Every time, every damn time he brushes his forefinger backwards Luke gets goosebumps and shivers down his spine. Something about Ashton made Luke feel at home when he was in his arms.
"Ashton? Ashton, ever since I saw you that day at Breathe Me it changed my life. I never what true beauty until I laid my eyes on you," Luke sighs softly "I have never felt this way before and I think- I think I love you." he says, holding his breath for what seemed like ages until he finally decided to look at the older boy who had peacefully drifted off to sleep some time during the movie. Luke sighs softly, it was a good feeling to get it off his chest, but it would've been better if Ashton heard it.
He slips out of Ashton's grip and picks him up, holding him close to his broad chest and bringing him back to his bed.

"Luke." it catches him off guard as he turns to face Ashton, his eyes open lazily as he pulls the blankets over himself. "Where are you going?" he asks, his voice heavily coated with sleep.
"To sleep on the couch." Ashton shakes his head and sits up and takes Luke's hand in his own, sending a burst of tingles throughout both of their bodies.
"You're laying with me, and we're cuddling." he demands, pulling the blond down onto the bed and reaching across in his dresser to pull out some sweatpants for Luke.
After the two are situated, Ashton pulls Luke to his chest and that's how they slept. Their legs tangled together, Luke's cheek pressed up against Ashton's chest and it was easy to say that it was the best sleep they had gotten in a while.
3:02 am
Calum: missed call
3:05 am
Calum: missed call
3:08 am
Calum: missed call
3:30am
Calum: 19 missed calls 1 voicemail
"Luke, god I need you right now," he sniffles on the other end of the line. "You're probably sleeping at Ashton's and I'm glad you made up, but god damnit Luke, I'm hurting, so bad inside and you're the only one I can think of that will actually answer my calls at this time of night, but it seems I've mistaken.
"Luke I'm so sorry for how I've been acting lately, but I've been feeling so- so depressed. I can't seem to keep any type of relationship going, with Michael and I screwed and I always seem to pick fights with you I just- I'm sorry." the word depressed was spit out like poison. he takes a deep breath before he continues. "God, I don't know why- goodbye, Luke okay? I love you like a brother and I always have."
4:00 am
Michael: missed call
4:01 am
Michael: missed call
4:08 am
Michael: missed call
4:12 am
Michael: missed call
4:14 am
Michael: text message: luke, come to the hospital right away. its calum.
If Luke would've been wearing his jeans he would've answered. He would've answered and been there, but he woke up the next morning without a worry in the world, his mobile long forgotten in his jean pocket as early morning Ashton creeps out of bed to make them breakfast.
It's forgotten when Luke gets up and steps on his mobile and still doesn't pick it up. It's forgotten when they're eating breakfast, cuddling on the couch, watching tv, and talking. It's forgotten until almost noon when he decides to see if Calum tried to contact him. That's when he wished he never forgotten it.
"A-Ashton" his voice is shaky and nervous and scared as he calls out. "We need to go, to the hospital, now."

a/n: *nervous smiling kind of sweating emoji* 😅
it's short and it's a piece of shit I'm sorry I don't know if I like this but I don't know I'm sorry it's kinda really a lot unedited I'm sorry