Bonus Chapter 20

This chapter is, surprisingly, not going to be about the kids. Just some cute Sulay fluff. But this intro leads perfectly into my next question (a suggestion brought up actually): Should I make DaeHyun and Li Jie's story a separate entity of this? Would you guys want to read something like that? Or is it not worth my effort.

Heading back to the past.

...

Junmyeon's POV

...

Almost three years of marriage under our belts now. We'd figured out a nearly flawless system to dividing our time between our respective countries, and making sure we had plenty of time for each other as well. It wasn't a perfect life by any stretch of the imagination. There was still much we had to overcome, both as separate beings and as one entity. But I loved this man with all that I was and then some.

One thing I'd always longed for after our wedding was a honeymoon. But pleasantries like that came few and far between. Countries didn't just stop because we went away, oh no. They required constant supervision. But a large part of me still desperately wanted some time with my husband that didn't involve making joint decisions for Kkrea and China alike, or settling disputes, or fixing laws. Or collapsing into bed at the end of the night together, thoroughly spent from the day.

"Baby, guess what?" Yixing said, bounding into my makeshift office at the Chinese palace (half an old guest room that had been remodeled slightly). I perked up when I heard my nickname, tilting my head to the side as he slid to a stop in front of me. He practically bounced on the balls of his feet. I could feel the excitement radiating off him where he stood. "Wait, don't guess," he quickly decided. "Close your eyes and hold out your hands." I did as instructed, only mildly confused. I felt a piece of paper land in my grasp.

"What's this?" I inquired, unfolding it and skimming the contents. My curiosity only grew when I realized it was a plane ticket. "What?"

"This is all for dramatic affect, though I did book us a nice flight," he explained, throwing himself into the nearest chair. "We've tossed around the idea of a honeymoon forever and a day. I conspired with my father and your father. They are willing to run things in our place while we're gone for a week. So pack your bags baby. We're going to Hawaii. In two days."

"You're kidding?" I exclaimed, not believing it for a second. Kings didn't get breaks. But all he did was smile and circle around the desk, wrapping his arms around me from behind. I leaned back to look at him, and he planted a kiss to my forehead.

"I'm not kidding Junnie. You and I get to spend one whole week together in a new place without the burden of running our countries for the duration of our stay. You're going to love it. We have a little cabin right on our own private stretch of beach. Far enough out that we have privacy but there's a small town nearby if we think we need anything. Just me and you and the sand and the sun and the waves and the stars." He pulled me to my feet and we twirled around. He threw his head back and laughed. The sound echoed around the room and rocketed straight to my core. I'd only seen him this excited a handful of times in my life. I wanted to bottle up this emotion and keep it with me forever. This man was my everything. And his happiness was my happiness.

...

"Oh it's beautiful," I breathed when I finally stepped out of our rented car, rolling my shoulders. A nine and a half hour flight, and then a few boat rides since some of the smaller islands didn't have airports, and we were finally here. The setting was gorgeous though. White sand and small little cabin and a brilliant blue ocean in the distance. Picturesque father would always say. Yixing climbed out from the drivers side, studying our surroundings. In the airport we'd changed from semi formal into shorts and light t-shirts and sandals. Yixing stifled a yawn. It wasn't like it was that late in Hawaii. Only four pm. But a long flight really takes it out of you.