Bonus Chapter 2

After the first bonus chapter you guys deserve a treat. Sooooo I think we'll skip forward a small bit.

Side note holy boost in reads.

...

Junmyeon's POV

...

"What's the big deal again?" Baekhyun asked as he skipped beside me, the shopping bag on his arm swinging wildly. I glanced over. He made it seem so easy. He picked something out for Chanyeol (who was now talking to him again) like he didn't even have to think about it. Snatched something off the shelf with a soft smile on his face, gushing about how Chanyeol would love it. Why couldn't mine be this easy? After all, I was the one with a boyfriend.

"Mine has to be special," I finally decided, glancing around at all the shop windows. "It's our first Christmas together. It has to mean something." Baekhyun hummed in response, nodding like he got it. "It has to be right," I mumbled. What would Yixing like?

"You could literally give him a chocolate bar and he'd treasure it like it was the best thing in the world," Baekhyun said. "Seriously Jun this boy is absolutely nuts about you. Anything you give him he's gonna love."

"I know that," I replied. "It's just..." I paused, feeling silly all of a sudden. It was stupid. Both of us could have whatever we wanted in life, no questions asked. And Baek was right. I could get Yixing absolutely nothing and it wouldn't have been a problem. But I wanted to. I wanted him to know how special he was me. How much he'd always been, even in the years we weren't together.

Baekhyun and I spent hours combing the shops in the mall, pouring over store after store. But nothing seemed right. Nothing screamed Yixing. And I felt at a loss. Why wasn't this easy? It was just Christmas. It was just a gift. But I knew better. It was because it was our first Christmas as a couple. It had to be meaningful. Like his music box and my shirt, two very simple things we both adored.

"Maybe I'm thinking too grand," I admitted at last as we made our way out to the small car Baekhyun drove us here in. "It doesn't have to be fancy, right? We live a lavish life. His favorite things so far have been simple. The music box I gave him. The sunflower at his wedding." I finally told Baekhyun that story, which resulted in a lot of "I knew its" and a lot of blushing on my end. "But what would say perfect?"

"You're smart Jun," he replied, climbing behind the wheel. I crawled into the passenger seat. "You'll figure it out. You always do." He placed his bag in back, another soft smile gracing his features. "Channie's gonna love it," he repeated quietly.

"What is it?" I questioned. He blinked at me slowly, like he wasn't expecting the question. Then he blushed and glanced away, mumbling something incoherent. A rarity from him. I nudged him gently with my elbow. "What is it Baek?" I asked again.

"It's kinda stupid," he said at last. "It's a glass heart that you can put a picture in." I grinned as his blush only deepened.

"That's adorable," I assured. "And you're right. He's gonna love that." Baekhyun nodded slowly, relaxing his grip on the wheel. He navigated the way out of the parking lot. The whole ride home neither of us said a word, though the radio played lowly in the background, so it wasn't totally silent. 

Christmas had to be perfect. Not because the holiday really meant something. It was just a day of the year. No, it had to be perfect because Yixing meant something. Yixing meant everything to me. And I wanted him to know it. Not just that day, but every single day for the rest of our lives. He was my everything. My present and future. My home away from home. He was the love of my life and then some. I just wanted so bad to let him know it.