xᴠ | i know better than to lie ﹙ᴀᴘᴏʟʟᴏ﹚

Start from the beginning

“You’re a god, right? A so-called powerful god. Why is it you can’t chase me? Tell the gods you’re merely a challenge to me. Tell them send atleast an Olympian, not like you. You’re an insult to my abilities.”

With a swish of your cloak, you disappeared into the midnight air.

You appeared in front of your apartment you shared with your best—and only—friend Apollo. No one else speaks with you because others find sorcerers creepy, that’s why you can’t help falling for your best friend. Unfortunately, he’s a god and got lots of other options. Why would he settle for you?

Because of your magic, your clothes changed when you appeared. Apollo didn’t know about your side gig. Most of the gods thinks you’re a threat, and if he finds out he won’t see you as he used to. Way to ruin a friendship and your non-existent chance of dating him.

The moment you stepped into the house, the pain of the poison arrow shot on your chest flood down to you and crawled all over your body. Your knees buckled and you fell to the floor.

“Y/N!” Apollo called from the living room.

You didn’t get to answer because of the poison spreading all over your throat, making it difficult for you to breathe.

“What happened?” he asked as he rush to you and helped you on your feet.

“I—I think I’m injured,” you stuttered, panting heavily.

He guided you to the couch. “Let me see it.”

Reluctantly, you lifted your shirt up your head, revealing the gash on your chest, just below your throat. It must be pretty bad, because almost your entire torso is swelling purple.

“What happened?” he asked, looking in your eyes. As the god of truth, you know you can’t lie to your best friend. But you’re a sorceress so that kinda helps on fooling him.

“I got in a fight,” you said.

He glared at you in a way it reminds you of a mother.

“You’re always getting into fight,” he scolded.

You shrugged weakly. “What can I do? I encounter a lot of assholes in the woods.”

“Why do you have to go into the woods at night? Why can’t you just grow your plants here?”

“Where am I supposed to plant here? On the tiles?” You chuckled. “There are herbs that only grows in the woods. And some plants you have to harvest at night or else it won’t work on potions.”

Being the god of medicine himself, he could mend your wounds in just a flash. He’s always the one who heals you whenever that dickhead attacked you. That makes you feel guilty about lying to him about where you got it. But you can’t tell him, or else he’ll hate you.

“Where did you get this?” Apollo asked.

You looked down and saw the area around the wound has been cleaned. The wound is not as deep as it feels, thank gods, but instead of blood, thick green liquid was oozing down your chest.

“I didn’t even know what stabbed me,” you answered, laughing timidly. “A dull knife, maybe.”

“It’s a poison,” he stated.

You chuckled. “I am well aware.”

“No,” he looked up at you, piercing his eyes into yours, “it’s your poison.”

“What?” you whimpered, jolting up, but the pain stung your flesh the moment you rise so you laid back again.

You felt the words echo in your head. How did that asshole manage to get a hold of your poison—and use it against you?