How it all Began

Izuku was desperate for an escape. He returned to school only to be greeted with the same treatment he had expected from his classmates and especially from Kac-Bakugo. He should get used to calling him Bakugo. It is not like he expected everyone to just forget he was quirkless after he got hurt by a villain, but instead he got put down harsher than before.

"You useless Deku! You couldn't even stand against a villain! What makes you think you could really become a hero if you couldn't even save yourself!" Bakugo said to him when he entered class. And as usual for the rest of the day, there was talk about him being useless against the encounter.

And since he arrived from the hospital for the first time, he realized he didn't really have what it took to pursue his dream of being a hero. Not because of the taunts of threats or even because he was quirkless. It was just because since he was rescued by All Might, he realized that he didn't need to be a pro hero to be a true hero in someone's life. He realized that he could put a smile on someone's face without putting other's lives at risk

So when he arrived home he told his mother of his plans to give up being a pro hero and look for something else that he could do to bring joy to others. His mother cried happy tears knowing her son would be safe and that he will be happy.

"Oh Izuku, let me know if you need anything. I'm just...so proud of you. And I want to let you know something..." Inko said as she dried her tears to bring her son into a big hug.

Izuku tilted his head and asked, "What is it?"

"I'm sorry about what I said that time when you asked be if you could become a hero. I was so scared about you and just wanted the best for you and to protect you. I just want to let you know I support you and I will help you if you ever need anything. Just talk to me. I love you so much, Izuku!" Inko said as she started crying again when she let him do from the hug. Izuku started to tear up as well.

"Thanks, mom. I love you too." Izuku said while sniffing.

"Okay, okay. Enough crying, I'm making your favorite katsudon for dinner tonight. I'll call you down when it's ready. You go on ahead and take your time in your room. I don't want anything bad to happen to you when you just came back from hospital."

Izuku nodded wiping his tears away while he headed up to his room. He closed the door behind him and looked at his room. What do I do now? I've always dreamed of becoming a hero, but I'd don't really see that happening anymore. Maybe a quirk counselor? My analysis could be put to use there. Or maybe I could do some journalism and write articles and stories about heroes. Or maybe I could do what my dad does in America...

Midoriya Hisashi was a comic book artist in America that worked day in and day out on a heavy schedule in one of the most popular companies that sold manga and comic books that sold internationally. He got a promotion when he was three and left teary-eyed with the promise of keeping in touch. And he kept his promise with emails, letters and phone calls made to both his wife and his son. Sometimes he would actually come and stay a few days to a week that was spent catching up on both their lives. He sent money for rent, gifts for holidays when he couldn't make it, and random souvenirs that he found when he was traveling with his company. He was a long distance father, but he was still a great dad.

Wait, dad gave him a camera a few years back that he never got to use. Izuku quickly went to his closet to get a box on the floor that contained a video camera. Izuku ran his hand over it before opening it up just like he did that Christmas when Dad was able to visit. He picked up the video camera, he looked down to see it came with a microphone and tripod all bundled together. He remembered something his dad said.

"When I was younger about your age, I made videos for fun as a hobby. I always loved to take photos and videos to express myself. So I got you the ultimate dream set for making videos. I got you a whole lots of different stuff that can help you if you ever decide to make any sort of video. I also included a few instruction on how to do some things like edit and photoshop." His dad said with a fond smile looking at the camera and different objects. That Christmas was the last he could take off before his work doubled and he had to stay longer times to provide for us.