Deku's Cooking Show!

Trying to make my mom's katsudon without help (so many things go wrong)
Hitoshi and Himiko judge since they have ate his mother's awesome meal before.

Animated intro plays, introducing the viewers into Deku's new video.

"Hello everyone and welcome to the video. Deku here! And today, I'm going to try to cook my mother's katsudon without any help from my mother or roommates."

"I'm waiting for the disaster to happen." Himiko replied with a tired smirk. She had a rather difficult mission last night that caused her to stay up more than she was used to. But she was eager to see Deku try his best.

"I'm just here for the free food." Hitoshi added, yawning. He had to work a longer shift than usual, so he was very tired. And also very hungry.

Izuku rolled his eyes fondly with a smile,"Yes, my two friends will be judging the food that I make. They have already tasted my mother's katsudon before, so this should be easier for them, right?"

"Yeah, if you say so," Hitoshi replied, leaning his head into his hands.

"Okay. So I'm going to try to remake it from memory. I don't have a recipe, but I have seen my mother make this multiple times. And I have helped her several of those times. So I think I will be able to make it pretty good." Izuku explained slightly doubting himself in his abilities.

"If you don't, I'll just order some food from that western diner across the way," Himiko mumbled, pushing her hair back.

"Rude. I'm trying my best here. So, let's get started!"

"First off, I'm going to start by making small cuts on the pork cutlet to prevent the meat from curling in the fryer. Then I tenderize it and season it with salt, pepper, and sauce."

"Yeah. Wooh. Tenderize that meat. Beat it." Hitoshi responded sleepily which caused Himiko to fall into tired giggles.

"Then evenly cover the cutlet with flour on both sides," Izuku continued on cooking while his friend chatted amongst themselves. "Then I'm gonna cost the pork cutlet in this whipped egg mixed in with a little water. Final step, cover the surface with panko bread crumbs and set it aside in a pot to keep oil to 340 degrees Fahrenheit."

"Deep fry the pork cutlet on both sides for two minutes until golden brown. Place it in rack to dry when you take it out of boiling oil. When ready, cut it into strips." Izuku added as he cut down his pork into thin strips.

"For katasyn sauce, add water, mirin, soy sauce, sugar and dashi to a pan on medium heat. Stir until everything is dissolved." He stirred the mixture while his friend chatted about how tiring their work day was.

"Add the onions in and cover until it comes to a boil," Deku commented happily as he reduced the heat on the stove.

"Reduce heat to simmer and cook for about five minutes or just until the onions are no longer white and are translucent. Add the Katsudon to the pan for a slightly beaten egg across the top." He smiled as he placed a cover on top.

"Cover and cook for another 30 to 45 seconds."

Izuku got three bowls ready with a good portion of white rice that he made earlier. "Finally add rice to bowl and carefully place the meal on top of it. Drizzle with any additional sauce and top it off with a few peas as garnish."

"There I'm done!" Deku said placing three bowls of pork cutlet Katsudon in front of his friends the table. "How is it?"

His friends looked at each other in suspicion before taking their bowls. Himiko took the first bite with Hitoshi following her lead. Deku waited in anticipation as his friends nodded appreciatively at the food.

"It's good. Not exactly your mother's, but it is very good. Maybe a bit more seasoning next time," Himiko replied while Hitoshi scarfed down his food.

Taking a deep breath after a big bite, Hitoshi responded, "I think it is good. Himiko's right on it not being exactly like your mother's, but I think she puts in something special like a secret ingredient."

"Yeah, so this is like your own Katsudon, Deku!" Himiko said as she ate the rice remaining in the bowl. Deku blushed at the praise as Hitoshi continued to eat away at the meal in front of him.

"Okay there we have it! Sorry for the short video, even though it is actually thirty minutes long now that I look at the timer... Oh, anyways, thanks for watching the video! Next video, a special guest will be joining us, hopefully.. Have no fear and be your own hero!" Deku signed off.

"This is very good, Izuku." Hitoshi complimented as he shoved the last bits of rice into his mouth.

"Thanks, but try not to choke on your meal, Hitoshi-Chan." Izuku said worryingly at his friend as they swallowed the last bite of food they had.

"I'm fine, don't worry." Hitoshi said, waving off his worried best friend.

"Enough worrying! I just got a new thing, new subscription. We are watching movies tonight! I just pulled it up, come on guys!"

"Hold up, let me grab my bowl!" Izuku called out to her while Hitoshi made his way to his spot on the couch.

"Hey, some of my old classmates really are freaking out about meeting you."

"Yeah. A lot of them actually," Himiko said offhandedly as she scrolled through the movie choices.

"A certain hot and cold guy wants to talk to you about something," Hitoshi mumbled to Izuku. Izuku brightened at the vague mention of a hero he recently did on. Speaking of videos, he should really start editing the dancing cover video.

Now if only Bakugo will answer his offer of doing a video that includes him...

That will be interesting.