twenty

jake and the three boys were in the living room, hanging out with each other while ava was in the kitchen with mrs. shim.

"so jake and i are going to be apart of a dance at finals," ava began, "we're in the teacher's feature."

"ouu that sounds like fun," mrs. shim smiled.

"it does, but i'm worried-"

"about jake's health and rest?"

"exactly," ava sighed, "i don't want to continue pestering him about it, but how is he going to get rest if he's dealing with practices on top of practices?"

mrs. shim finished plating the food for the boys and walked over to ava with a smile, "it feels nice to know jake has you in his life to watch out for him, but i'm sure that he understands that if he wants to continue working towards his idol career, he needs to stay healthy and get rest, so i don't think he'll jeopardize it."

ava nodded in response as mrs. shim smiled at her, "why don't you bring the food to the boys and talk to them, while i go get the things for your dad?"

ava nodded once again, walking into the living room with the plate of snacks and set it on the table.

"come sit," jake called out to ava, patting the spot next to him.

ava sat down and kept her attention on k and taki. she found it so adorable how k played with taki's hair and looked down at him with the most precious smile ever.

"here you go ava," mrs. shim said, handing her a folder, "i'm going to trust that you won't look inside alright?"

"alright mrs. shim," ava laughed, "well i'll get going now."

"already?" mrs. shim asked, "why don't you stay for dinner with the boys?"

"well i-"

"jake, why don't you take the boys and ava to the garage, while i prepare for dinner?"

"got it," jake replied, standing up with the boys following.

"let me stay and help you then," ava volunteered.

"no no," mrs. shim denied, "go make some friends."

"but-"

"what? are you suddenly boy shy?," mrs. shim laughed, gently pushing ava towards the boys, "gooo."

ava ended up giving in and followed the boys outside into the garage where she caught sight of something that looked like a dance studio room.

"woah .. since when did your garage become a practice room?" ava asked jake as the other boys began playfully dancing around.

"like mom said, we changed the house around a lot when i started training," jake answered, "so whenever i'm at home, i come out here and practice."

"when you could've been resting," ava mumbled to herself, unaware that jake heard.

he turned to face ava, placing his hands on her shoulders, "i promise i'll get rest soon."

"relax pumpkin," jake laughed, turning to face the boys again.

"pumpkin?" ava asked.

"you are not calling me pumpkin," ava chuckled, shaking her head.

"then what am i going to call you?"

"hm i don't know .. maybe my name?" ava replied, lifting her eyebrows.

"yea i'll stick to calling you princess," jake smiled.

ava scrunched her face up out of cringe, "that's even worse."

"stop complaining," jake whined, stomping his feet like a baby.

"hypocrite," ava playfully scoffed.

"i won't be going easy on you when we begin practicing. i already warned you about getting your rest you hear?" ava asked, making jake laugh, while walking away.

"don't walk away from me," ava blurted, following him.

"why are you acting like a shy baby all of a sudden?" jake asked, while keeping his attention on trying to play music through the speakers.

"what?" ava asked, shooting jake a death glare, "shy baby?"

jake eyed ava with a smile and nodded.

ava scoffed, "because there are three very attractive boys in the same room as me. is that the answer you want?"

"three?"

"mhm. taki, daniel, and k," ava answered mischievously.

jake stopped everything he was doing and slowly turned his head to face ava, giving her a despiteful look.

he began walking closer to ava, making her laughter die down as he came closer. sooner or later, jake was chasing ava around the three boys who were dancing to the music.

"okay okay," ava spoke out a breath, putting her hands out to stop jake.

"i'm sorry," ava laughed.

"are you really?" jake asked, walking closer to ava as she walked backwards.

"yes."

"what are you sorry for?"

ava let out a yelp as her back hit the wall. jake continued to move closer towards ava, his chest against her hands, cornering her against the wall.

"for not saying that you're attractive? for calling your friends attractive? i don't know," ava managed to reply.

jake tried his best to hold back his smile, while looking at the frantic girl ahead of him.

"do you feel my heartbeat?" jake asked ava, making her hesitantly nod.

"you're making it beat crazily like that. that's what you do to me," jake whispered.

there was a moment of silence between the two until ava managed to whisper, "friends jake. friends."

jake backed up with a smile, "that's right. c'mon friend."

jake walked backwards towards the boys and said, "let's dance."

ava's jaw dropped as she let out a scoff.

"i can't- did he just-"

"yes he did," daniel called out from the other side of the garage, "now come watch us dance."

ava walked over to the four boys and watched as they broke out into a very powerful dance that seemed to have been practiced on repeat.

they put on quite a show and ava could tell they were definitely idol material.

"c'mon," jake called out, pulling ava by her hand to join them.