thirteen

a tremendous amount of time passed away as visiting hours at the hospital were almost over.

jake was sound asleep on the hospital bed and no one wanted to disturb him as they knew that he needed the rest.

rosie and brooklyn were also sound asleep. rosie was on heeseung's lap, while brooklyn was asleep on k's lap, snuggled against his chest as the boys held a quiet conversation with ava.

ava walked the boys out of the hospital room to bid them goodbye once visitor hours were about to end.

"hey guys-" ava called out, making the boys turn around, "can i ask you something?"

"of course. what's up?" k asked.

"you guys have a dorm right?"

"yes," daniel replied.

"does jake stay there often?"

"i wouldn't say often. since his house is near the company, he stays at the dorm ever so often," sunghoon answered.

"so then .. how often does jake rest and eat?" ava asked.

all four boys shared a look with each other before heeseung sighed, "actually .. it's not often that we'd see him eat or rest. we train from a certain time to a certain time and whatever we do for the rest of the day is up to us and .."

"jake is either always practicing or helping others practice."

ava let out a breath and looked down at her shoes.

k walked closer to ava and put a hand on her shoulder, "it's really nice to know that jake has you in his life. i can tell how much you care about him, so i'll make sure to keep an extra eye out on him for you too."

ava smiled at k and nodded, going in to give him a hug before she watched the four boys leave.

ava let out a sigh and entered into the room again where she walked over to the bed jake was sound asleep on and pulled up the covers for him as she stood there and stared at him.

"jake," ava sighed, taking his hand to hold in hers.

"why are you doing this to me?"