•Twenty Eight•

Start from the beginning

Trent chuckled. "Yeah man keep that shit from her. If they link up you'll be thrown in jail!" Why was the world against War?

He understood. He did. He was a shit person who probably deserved every fucking thing he got...but Pomelia. She didn't deserve any of it. None of it.

"War? Realized the little novice is too good for you and came back to live with the rejects?"

Turning around, gripping his mates file tightly, he saw Khan in nothing but a pair of boxers and a bottle of whiskey in his hands. "We need to talk."

"Alright. War you got some pussy? I thought you would look a little more happier," he joked as War ignored him as Khan laughed, throwing his arm around his neck. "I wish you didn't look at the file though. That was some good ass bait I was going to use on you," he chuckled as War ignored Khan's comment and followed him to his office.

Once they were both sat down, Khan smirked at him. "What? You act like you saw a ghost or some shit."

"I had a dream...the goddess is real," War tried to explain to Khan as he chuckled. "I'm serious. I'll die or Pom will if I don't tell her the truth."

Khan threw his hands up in the air. "Oh so a fake ass dream makes you want to tell your mate your history but not fucking me. Good to know."

War rolled his eyes. "I need to-"

"-You're not going to ask me how I've been? Well I told Jess that I'm picking Amber as my Luna. It was a shit show. She tried to kill Amber three times since. I have four guys protecting Amber at her house. Tried to slit my throat a few times too and-"

"-I have to get out of this pack. I can't stay here."

He chuckled, knocking back the rest of whatever he had left in his cup. "Out? You don't have an out, War. I own you," he smiled cheekily, his golden eyes gleaming, sloshing around the alcohol he had in his cup.

"This pack is no good for Pomelia."

His Alpha shrugged. "I know that. So you tell her what a shit person you are, she sobs and shit and leaves your ass. Now that you know who her mom is give her a call and tell her she needs to take in her little injured pup."

War felt his stomach coiling. He couldn't do that. Pomelia wouldn't leave him...or would she? He wasn't a good man. He knew that but...she loved him. That had to count for something...

"I can't do that."

"You played mate long enough. I need you back at my side. Trent is shitting at the seams dealing with whatever the fuck he's dealing with."

What was Khan talking about? Play mate? He was her mate. "I love her. I can't let go of her."

Khan sighed out, gripping his empty glass so tight that it began to crack and crumble in his hand. War smelled the blood, he ignored it. "You think I give a shit? You think your mate gives a shit?! Once you tell her that shit it's over. She thinks you're her knight in shining armor and you're far from it, War. Go ahead though, go tell her," he laughed.

War shook his head, his wolf agreeing with Khan. His wolf going against his natural instincts and not believing in Pomelias love. It was disgusting...and he felt like throwing up. "I am going to tell her...I just have to talk to Reese."

"About what?"

"Joining his pack."

Khan threw his hands up. "War, you're trash. He treats you like treasure because you're killing his rapist cultish brother. Once you're done and kill that psycho he'll throw you away."