2 - Nothing to Lose

Start from the beginning

She was sick of living on the streets and never knowing when they were going to be able to eat next. She felt terrible for dragging him into her messed up life ever since he moved in, but she liked having a friend, and Jungkook had and always will protect her. Maybe she felt as if she owed him for everything he did for her back when they lived with the Hellhounds, and that's why she wanted this to work out.

"Let's just scope the place out at least and see if we find anything," she suggested. Jungkook thankfully nodded in agreement as they walked the darkened, silent halls. Finally, something caught Charlie's eye as they came near a door.

Kim Seokjin, CFO

"This is it!" Charlie whispered excitedly.

She pulled out the small pouch that was stuffed into her black jacket and laid it on the ground. Jungkook walked down the hall a little to check around the corner, making sure they were truly alone. Charlie picked up the tools she needed and proceeded to pick the lock as best she could. She had gotten pretty good, but it was still tough every time she attempted it. Keeping her hands steady, she closed her eyes so she could try to feel each pin and the way they moved. Once she felt them all locked in place, she turned the doorknob and let out a small squeal when the door actually opened.

"Kook," she whispered, and he came running towards her. They entered the room and closed the door behind them. Thankfully the office had a full wall of windows, so the light from outside helped them to navigate through the room.

"What are we looking for?" Jungkook asked.

"I don't know, anything valuable, I guess? Things that we can pawn off," she replied. She was already opening drawers and rifling through everything. She found a very nice watch in a luxurious box tucked away in the back of one of the drawers and placed it on top of the desk. As she continued to search the desk, Jungkook was opening the filing cabinets.

"Holy shit!" he said and Charlie jumped, worried something had happened. He held up a paper he found and looked over towards her. "This place makes millions!" he exclaimed. Charlie rolled her eyes and shook her head while he continued to search through the filing cabinets.

Jungkook looked through the last drawer and noticed something looked off about it. The cabinet in itself was long, but this one drawer only pulled out about halfway. He shifted the entire cabinet away from the wall a bit and noticed that there seemed to be a small latch that opened something. Pulling it, a portion of the cabinet seemed to open revealing stacks of cash sitting inside.

"Char...Get over here," he called. His voice frightened her a bit, but she did as he said, and when she saw what he found, she reached down and hugged him from behind while he grabbed the cash.

"Let's get out of here before we push our luck," Charlie said as she quickly went over to the desk, taking the watch out of the box and stuffing it into her bra so she could keep her hands free, putting the box back where she found it. Jungkook had stuffed as much cash into his pockets as he could while Charlie made sure the office looked like it hadn't been touched. They walked out and she made sure to lock the door behind them. They were on a high right now, but were still alert as they weren't in the clear yet. Once they finally made their way to the employee entrance, the moonlight was their freedom. They giggled as they walked away from the large building and back towards the shadows but froze when an outline appeared in front of them.

"Impressive," the voice said. Jungkook and Charlie turned to run in the other direction but were met with another man that was suddenly behind them.

"I would stay still if I were you," the other man said. He was dressed in all black with a hand on his hip, and both Jungkook and Charlie noticed that his hand was resting on the gun that was attached to his hip. They both turned back to the original figure who finally stepped into the light and Charlie couldn't believe what she was seeing.