Chapter Two

Flynn walks through our bedroom door with a large stack of books and papers. He has been gone since my father asked to come to that meeting. He and my father missed dinner. I take a look at the alarm clock on my bedside table. It read 9:43. I've already bathed and gotten ready for bed. I'm actually snuggled up underneath the sheets with a book to pass the time.

"How did the meeting go?" I ask. He sighs and sits everything down on the table that is meant to be used as a desk. He shakes his head as he pulls a chair out and sits down.

"Well, I've offically learned that I know nothing about the military. Your father wanted my opinion for almost everything. But, most of mine where the complete opposite of his and after the meeting was over he took me to one of the palace libraries and found all of these books about how the military works and how they got out of the war wuth China," he says. I slip my legs out from underneath the sheets on our bed and walk behind where he is sitting. I put my hands on his shoulders and begin to rub.

"I bet that it won't be that bad later on. My father can help you and I'm here to support you through whatever happens," I say. He puts his hands on his face and begins to rub his temples. I work my hands down his back, stopping to massage right below his shoulder blades.

"Yeah, but this isn't going to be easy. I've been raised to own a farm, not be king. Nothing can change what I was meant to be," he says. I stop massaging his back and put my arms around his neck.

"Flynn, that is just what your parents wanted you to be. You can learn to do something different. Just think of this as. . . college," I say. He turns to look at me. His eyebrows are raised so high I'm surprised they aren't in his hair.

"College? I pretty sure normal people don't go to college to learn to be king," Flynn says. I laugh and plant a kiss on his forehead.

"That wasn't the greatest example but you'll learn. I know some of it. I've gone to some of the meeting my mother is required to attend and picked up a few things," I offer.He shakes his head and grabs my waist. He pulls me around the back of the chair and sits me down on his lap.

"Celia, I can't expect you to do that. You've got things to learn for being queen. I don't want to distract you from your work," he says. I shake my head.

"You wouldn't be distracting me from my work. The queen doesn't do quite as much as the king. My mother does things like working with citizens and planning events with other countries. I've been helping her with that kind of stuff for as long as I can remember. Technically, my traning began the second I learned to walk," I say. He nods.

"Well, thank you, Celia. I would love your help," he says.

§§§

"Welcome home!" someone squeals as I walk through the doors as the lady's room. As if it couldn't be expected, my crazy cousins are sitting on one of the couches, flipping through magazines. Astra is sitting indian style while Emily is flipped upside down with her legs over the back of the sofa and her head falling off the couch.

"I'm surprised you weren't here the second we walked through the door yesterday," I say. They both roll their eyes.

"Well, we decided that we didn't want to scare Prince Flynn too much yet," Astra says. I laugh and shake my head.

"You wouldn't have scared him too much. Charles has already began with his silly tricks. A couple days before the wedding he started walking around in just his underwear and singing some pop song at the top of his lungs," I explain. They both giggle. I take a seat on an armchair next to the sofa they are on.

"That's not the only reason we didn't come. . . Or at least the only reason Astra didn't come," Emily says. Astra gasps and kicks our younger cousin. Emily flashes Astra a devilish smile before turning back to me. "Our little Astra here had a date!" She exclaims. I put my hand over my heart and sighs like a parent would when they found out their baby went on a date.

"Our baby girl! She's all grown up!" I say. I pretend to have a tissue and wipe my eyes. It causes Emily to laugh so hard that she drops her magazine on her face and falls backwards onto the floor. Astra and I burst into laughter. When he Emily stands up, she gives us dirty looks and keeps her head held high. She sits back down on the couch the proper way.

"Seriously, it was no big deal. We just went out to eat," she says. I nod while Astra gives her a bored look.

"That wasn't the first date you two have had. I want all the juicy details from last night," she orders. Astra sighs and rolls her eyes while shaking her eyes. Emily silently pleads with her eyes. If I didn't know any better, I would think they were sisters instead of cousins. They spend a lot of time together, though, because my Aunt May and Aunt Kenna live next door to each other.

"Who cares about the juicy details of my date. I want to know the juicy details of the after party of the royal wedding! I want to know what happened over the two week honeymoon," Astra says. I give her a shocked expression even though I should have know something like this would happen.

"If you are asking if it happened, then no, nothing happened," I explain. They both give me bored expressions. Then, they look at each and roll their eyes. Then, they give me the tired expression again.

"Nothing even close?" Emily asks. I shake my head.

"No. We decided to wait. We don't want to risk me getting pregnant yet. We want to get adjusted to being married and being king and queen before we decide to add any additions," I explain. Astra sighs and picks up a magazine. She has a disappointed look on her face as she shakes her head.

"I can't believe you! Nothing close?" She asks again. I sigh.

"There were a few long kisses but nothing more," I say. Astra peeks over her magazine with an eyebrow raised.

"It's caused a make out session, honey," Astra says before returning to her magazine.

Update, yay! I'm not sure when the next chapter will be because school is starting again so... And I'm sorry it's taking me longer to update. I'm trying to make my chapters longer. Please comment and vote!

The cover at the beginning of the chapter was made by b by

Disclaimer: Kiera Cass, unlike me, owns more than just a copy of The Selection. She owns the rights of The Selection.