Chapter Twenty Three

"Have you heard anything more on when they might be home from New Asia?" I ask my mother, looking away from some fashion magazine that Emily left here a few days ago when she and Astra left to finally go home. She raises one of her eyebrows in her questioning fashion.

"Celia, have you seen anyone come in to give me any news in the last half hour?" my mother questions. I shake my head and look back down at the magazine. The page features items that only the rich could afford, yet the rich would never purchase. Well, maybe with the exception of Emily.

"I'm just worried," I mumble. A few days ago my father was able to make a brief phone call from New Asia. He was only able to talk to my mother for no longer than five minutes, but he promised they should be home in less than two weeks.

"We are all, honey. How do you think I felt the first time your father left the nation without me?" she asks. I nod and finger through the magazine. After finishing flipping through all the pages of beauty products and clothes, I just lean back on one of the sofas of the Women's room, covering my eyes with my hands. I don't bother to move until there is a knock on the door.

"Come in!" my mother chimes. A few seconds later, a guard pushes through the door and bows. He has a phone in his hand. I can feel my posture improve as soon as I realize what is happening. He directs the phone towards my direction.

"Princess Celia, you have a phone call from Prince Flynn," he says. I bolt off the couch as quick as I can with the crutches and take the phone from him. He doesn't bother to say anything more and he bows and leaves the room.

"Hello?" I ask in a shaky voice. I can hear Flynn's steady breathing through the phone. My mother nods towards the door and I mouth a thank you in her direction. She gives me a kind smile before directing her attention back towards the papers in front of her.

"Celia!" he says, the smile he must have on his face evident in his voice. I release a breath I didn't realize I was holding as I cross the threshold of the Women's room. I begin walking in the direction of a pair of french doors that lead to one of my favorite parts of the garden.

"Flynn, do you have any idea how much I've missed you?" I ask. He chuckles even though we both know it isn't that funny.

"I've missed you, too. How are things going there?" he questions. I reach the french doors and one of the guards opens it for me. I nod and he gives me a kind smile. I walk outside and sit down on one of the stone benches against the palace walls.

"Things here are good, I guess. Everyone has been really quiet and calm. We all just want you two to be home," I say. I watch a patch of marigolds swaying in the light late March breeze. The all seem to be part of some type of synchronized dance that only a select few flowers know.

"I want to be back home, too. How is that leg going?" he asks. The humor in his voice causes a smile to spread across my face. It has been too long since I have heard his voice and his ability to make me smile causes a blush to heat my cheeks up.

"I went to see Doctor McAndrew today. He told me that I would able to come back in a few weeks and have the cast taken off. It sounds like it is healing quick," I explain. He chuckles a little but doesn't say anything to respond. So, instead of him waiting to talk until we have to hang up, I ask the question that has been attempting to burst me at my seems. "When do you get to come home?" I ask.

"I'm still not sure. I think we might have almost everything solved, but the remaining tasks could take a matter of days to solve or a matter of years," he says. I sigh as I realize how true he is probably being. I know he wouldn't joke on this certain topic.

"Well, I think you could get home before I loose the cast," I bet. His chuckle rings out from the phone's speaker. In my head, I can vision the humor in his beautiful, hazel eyes as his lips are stretching from one ear to another.