Chapter Twenty One

"This was an interesting choice of entertainment, Astra," Quinn says as she cuts around a picture of a dog in a magazine and positions it on piece of pink poster board that Astra found from one of the cabinets of the art room of the palace.

"Well, you all were just sitting there staring at each other. At least this is better," she comments. I roll my eyes. We weren't staring at each other. We were talking but just couldn't find a creative outlet.

"I think it's fun," Emily comments next to me. I roll my eyes and look at her project. Even after 10 minutes, she has every designer purse and pair of shoes in the catalogue she picked up on her paper centered around a bubble with My Wishlist wrote on it. That is forgetting the glitter she has spilled all over the place.

"I'll be sure to remember your collage at Christmas time," I comment. She smacks my arm but continues to organize her magazine clippings by color. I look out the window, hoping to see a black car with tinted windows and little Illean flags on the front pull up with father and husband. As usual, the gravel path behind the gate is empty except for a few guards running for their required training.

"My birthday is sooner," Emily replies. When I look back at the empty, green poster in front of me, I catch Teegan staring at me. She has a concerned look on her face, but I choose to ignore it. Instead, I use the pair of pink scissors at my work station to cut out a picture of some boy band I've never heard of before. All the member look like the ones with the matching haircuts and cliche leather jackets that Emily has hanging up in her bedroom.

"Celia, will you come help me find some feathers and jewels?" Teegan asks after a few minutes of her staring at me. I nod and slip off my wooden stool. I use my crutches to hobble over to a large cabinet. I begin pulling out drawers with hot glue guns, glue sticks, and markers sorted by color. "Is something wrong?" Teegan asks.

"No, of course not," I say, shaking my head as I pull out a drawer filled with different colored ribbon. I pull out spool of pink chevron ribbon. She grabs my left wrist and I look at her. She has a persistent look on her face.

"Celia, We have only known each other for a few months, but I can tell that you aren't acting right. Tell me what's wrong," she says. I shake my head and turn back to the cabinet where I pull out a bin with silver, gold, and blush colored gems. "Are these real?" she asks quickly. I shake my head.

"Um, no. Just because we're the royal family, desn't mean we waste tons of money on art supplies," I reply, trying to reroute the conversation. When she arches her eyebrows, I know I am unsuccessful. "If there was something wrong with me, why wouldn't everyone else be questioning me?" I ask.

"I'm sure they can tell, but they just don't want to push you. Tell me what's wrong," she says. I sigh and begin pulling out more drawers in hopes that there will be brightly colored feathers so we can return to the table where laughter is coming from.

"It's nothing. I'm fine," I say. She sighs and begins to pull out more drawers. She finds the one with feathers and pulls it out of the cabinet. She, then, takes the gems from me so I can walk back to the table. As I am about to walk back to the table, her words stop me.

"Celia, I know that it is about Flynn. It isn't going to creep me out to talk about my brother," she says. I stop and nod. Anyone who isn't blind would be able to notice me glancing outside every so often to try to find my loved ones.

"You're right it is him. I want him to come back, but there isn't anything that I can do to get him back except for send him my love and hope," I say. I start moving back to the table and she follows behind me. I know she isn't happy about our conversation being over, but she won't push any more. Or at least not right now.

§§§

"My sister is really worried about you," Coen says as he approaches me from behind. Of course Teegan would send him out here to talk to me. They are siblings, after all.

"Well, tell her that there is no need to worry about me. I am just worried about Flynn and my father. They haven't gotten in touch with us since the telegram which was close to a week ago. I figured they would at least send something by now," I explain. He nods and sits next to me on the bench.

"But, I also think we would hear from New Asia if something happened to them. They would find some way to make us all suffer," he replies. I nod and pick at my freshly painted nails.

"I'm just worried about them," I say. He puts his hand on my chin and forces me to look at him and into his caring, hazel eyes that resemble those of Flynn's. Our faces are just inches apart and it send a chill through my body. Goosebumps rise on my arms.

"Well, don't be," he whispers before standing up again and walking back towards the palace. Something about his touch leaves an uneasy feeling in my body, but I just ignore it and survey the garden again.

Update! Yay! I wasn't really sure what to add to this chapter but I know what is going to happen in the future. :) I, honestly, feel like there is something important to write her but I'm not really sure so... Please comment and vote!

Who watched Insurgent? I did! It was amazing even though it wasn't exactly like the book. 

Glee. :( It's over and I am on the verge of dying which sounds crazy since it is a show but it has really meant a lot to me. :'( :'( :'(

Disclaimer: Hear ye! Hear ye! Kiera Cass is the owner of The Selection! (You were supposed to read that with a really cool accent.) <<<It sounded kind of dorky, though... Oh well!