O29

•°•☆ 𝚃𝚘𝚖𝚒𝚘𝚔𝚊 𝙶𝚒𝚢𝚞𝚞 ☆•°•

"Now?" I slightly tilted my head with my arms opened wide.

She looked troubled and nervous. I wasn't really going to embrace. I'm just trying to piss her off and get her confidence back in her.

Seeing her with red cheeks makes me nervous too and I'm not used to feeling this way.

"What the he–" She looked at me with disbelief in her eyes.

"Or shall I kiss you again instead?" I placed both arms down before breathing out.

I tried saying something else, but that something was a little too weird to say. I didn't even think of another phrase to say.

Where are all these things coming from?

I looked at her directly in the eyes before walking towards her. I hope she takes this as a joke and nag at me again. I feel better when she's annoyed with me than nervous.

The gap between the both of us were kept to a minimum. To me, it looked like I'm standing too close to her. I decided stepping back again, but before I could even do so, her hand hit me in the face.

She slapped me.

Her hand and my cheek created a loud snap, causing even the stray crows on the trees fly away.

"Ouch." I held my right cheek, "It stings."

Here I was, trying to do my best to lift the mood and this is all I get. Okay, maybe I looked like an idiot back there, but how am I supposed to react when someone's confessing? Especially when that someone is someone I like back.

Then I thought of something.

Was she about to confess or was she about to deliver a speech before killing me?

I don't really know much about this thing. All I know is that her presence is making my whole existence shake; not only my body, but my whole system.

Maybe romance isn't really my thing.

I wanted to laugh at the stupidity brewing in my mind, but then I remembered Insect Pillar was with me.

All of a sudden, she glared at me.

"How can you say that with no expression?!" Her lips twitched.

No expression? I'm pretty sure I looked like I was in pain.

"Why are you shouting? It's the middle of the night, people are sleeping and we're looking for demons." I asked and rubbed my cheek before yawning, "You're gonna have them find us."

"Well, that makes our mission easier. We find them or they find us, still the same that we're meeting them to kill them." She spoke with that proud tone.

The Insect Pillar is back in her confident mode. Seeing her like this makes her look more beautiful than she already is.

For the past few weeks, I have thought of nothing but keeping my feelings to myself. I don't want to look weak in somebody else's perspective. I don't want someone to use what I love against me.