Chapter 6 - Marks

Start from the beginning

"That was you? Who's the other one?" Jay asked.

Kei pointed at Heeseung who just left with his motorcycle. "Don't even let me get started with that one. He's the worst." Kei grabbed the trash bins and went inside.

Jay followed him.

"You were friends with him?" Jay asked.

Kei placed the trash bins beside the mini bar and near the restrooms. Now that there's no other people here, it looked much more bigger than how Jay remembered it to be.

"Best friends." He emphasized the word 'best', glancing at Jay. "What's your deal with him anyway?" He asked curiously. He knew Heeseung so well, he works best alone. He's so independent, he nearly didn't need Kei back when they were still bestfriends. Now he doesn't need anyone anymore. He reminds him of his brother, Niki a lot.

"I think he needs someone to talk to." Jay told Kei, hoping the two would become friends again. And hopefully, Heeseung would finally tell someone what's happening.

"He doesn't. He can take care of his own. Don't you see him in school? He's always alone. He can manage." Kei saida and started wiping the counter of the mini bar. "Look at how how dirty Youngbin leaves this place. I swear to God he did this on purpose." Kei muttered, not planning to pay attention on Jay.

"You can't be so sure." Jay hesitantly spoke again.

"What? Youngbin did it on purpose?" Kei asked, distracted on cleaning up.

"Don't be fooled by his independence." Jay spoke again when Kei's eyes are on him. "Deep down he might wants someone to care." Jay said, though he's not sure if he's still thinking about Heeseung.

He turned around ready to leave. There was something hurting in him again but he couldn't point where. It's somewhere in his chest and it's painful. It was heavy.

Kei didn't say a word, for what Jay said was heavy. It hit him like a cannon ball. It was like that time he blocked Jungwon's goal balls with his chest.

...

Jay got home and was welcomed by his parents with their hands crossed in their chest, glaring at him. He already knew where this is going.

"Sunghoon asked us not to blame you. That it was his fault. Why? What did you do?" His father asked.

Jay sighed in disappoinment, knowing that this what Sunghoon told them not to do and yet they're doing it.

"Listen here child, never ever again delay Sunghoon's rehearsals!" His mother told him. "Never let him eat a lot before rehearsals as well. He had to throw up earlier just to move comfortably in the ice, he usually has discipline." She added. That's when Jay looked concerned. "You made him what?" He asked.

"He has to...." She was about to say much more when Jay grabbed a handful of his hair in rage.

"Can't he just rest for a bit?" Jay asked, almost yelling.

"Rest? You already wasted a lot of his time. He needed to start the rehearsal or else he won't make it to the academy." His father yelled.

"Then skip the academy! He has a tournament tomorrow and you still force him to do all these stuff just to....." Jay was slapped hard by his father. It was painful. He felt like his face is going to bruise. He avoided causing a fight with Heeseung to avoid getting bruised and still got bruised.

The first thing glanced at the family portrait on the wall that he wasn't a part of. The trophy shelf and more framed photos of Sunghoon, wining tournaments. The living room is filled with his achievements.