chapter 14: the escape

The room was still before shots were fired...

The corridor was filled with gunshots before silence fell once more. Soon out came a blood soaked fang. The once white clothing was now drench red, but not with her own blood. She was delusional due to being just released from the glass water chambers that held her. She dragged herself down the corridor, trying to find a way out. "Rai?!" She called out. Her voice was...more mature. Silkier and soother than before but still gruff and sore. Bitting her bottom lip she turned a corner as she continued to old her chest in pain. "Where am I...?" Mumbling to herself before finding herself an elevator. She clicked her tounge and went for it quickly as she called for the elevator. The doors slid open to reveal no one inside. Sighing that she realized she was rather lucky, she got in and pressed a button with a big B on it. The doors slid shut and the elevator buzzed as it began to take her up many flights of floors before stopping abruptly and opening. Glancing around and seeing no one, she hurried out to find and exit to which she did. Once slamming open the door, a whole array of guns were pointed at her. A man with grey hair and a reversing hairline stepped forward with a grimm smile. He was on the tall side with a beard lining her chin and jawline. He had a scar above one of his grey eyes. He finally spoke. "I see our new friend found her way out~ so smart. Your brain must've developed quite well with a syrum we've injected in you."

"who...who are you?!" She screamed out angrily as she clenched her teeth in anger. Her eyes continued to glow softly.

"I am Dr. Crombell! I am the soon to be 13th elder of the union. You have something that we want" Dr. Crombell had said as he gently stroked his grey beard with a chuckle. "You have an awakened ability given by the noblesse himself. We were trying to extract that awakened ability from you, but being too young we sped up that process aging so it wouldn't be a worthless attempt with such an extraordinary specimen like yourself" he explained in a matter of fact tone.

Fang growled and took a few steps back before whimpering in pain. She felt her heart was about to explode "I don't care... I...I don't CARE!" she screamed out as she ran forward, a light aura around her body seemed to cut through each of the men before jumping up and over the rest before slamming down creating cracks where she had landed. The men fell back from the shock of her landing. Breathing heavy she glanced back for a moment before running from them, trying to make her way out of the place but found herself on the edge of a cliff. Down below was the ocean waves crashing against the Cliff side with such force that it was tantalizing, as if begging someone to jump in. Considering options, fang gulped and quickly pencil dived into the water where she dissapeared into the foaming ocean and sharp rocks.

Crombell came to the edge and looked down with a frown. "We might be lost one of the best specimen we had.." he sighed out sadly before turning away. A doctor from the first attack of fang came up to Dr. Crombell and gave a cough to announce her presence. "I believe we didn't loose all of her. We have blood samples that expose tremendous amount of pure raw power from the young girl. It contains traces of the Noblesse himself." The doctor said before pushing up her glaces. Dr crombell smiled deviously "excellent.." he said before the two walked off.