Chapter 23 - The Department of Mysteries

Published September 17, 2020 at 6:22 P.M.

⚠Important AN⚠
All the bolded text from now on that is not in parentheses and is obviously not a change in pov is quoted text from most likely the Deathly Hallows. All the italicized words/ phrases inside those bolded sections are words or phrases I have changed in order to match this story.

I take no credit for the bolded non-italicized words. Those were written by the amazing J.K. Rowling.

⚠thank you for reading this important disclaimer and you can now go on and read what I mostly copied and slightly changed. If you didn't read this disclamer, well F you (not really. I love all of you dearly. Please don't leave)⚠

~~~~~~~~~~~~June 18, 1996~~~~~~~~~~~~

We are in the department of mysteries and the order of the Phoenix appears along with Sirius.

There are spells flying everywhere, so I activate my shield and watch from overhead.

I see a spell headed right for Sirius that would knock him into the veil from which I can hear voices saying he won't be able to come back once he's crossed.

I swoop down and shove him out of the way just in time. The spell hits me and I am launched into the veil.

It is like I am watching everything that is happening through crystal clear glass and I can hear everything that happening perfectly as though I am there, but there is a barrier in my way from getting to Sirius who is screaming after me or my mom who is probably thinking about what she just did. Or to Remus who hasn't noticed yet. I go to the ground where Sirius is and I try to get to him to stop his screams, but I get nowhere.

When Remus notices, he looks about to go in after me, but someone stops him.

"No, please let me get back to them. I need to get back to my mates. They need me," I scream at the invisible burier while sobbing.

"Please let me get to them," I plead.

After they leave the department of ministries, I crumple to the ground sobbing.

I feel a pair of arms wrapped around my shoulders.

I look to see who it is and I find Aiden.

"Is it really you?"

He nods and I launch myself into his arms sobbing into his chest.

A long time later when I have stopped crying, I ask, "what is this place?"

"Welcome to the afterworld."

"Will I ever be able to get back to Remus and Sirius?"

Someone wearing a long black travel cloak with the hood covering their face appears next to us. "You have to work through some things before you can go back. You are not just a Vampiric angel, but when vampiric angels are powerful enough and have black wings, they can instead be angels of darkness where you don't have to drink blood to survive and you are immortal if you want to be meaning that you can go back and forth between the living and the dead as you chose. Sometimes there are things you have to do to go between them and the only way this ability is activated is if you die or fall through the veil."

"How long can that take?"

"However long necessary. In your case, you need to heal your mind and soul before you can go back. Once you do that, which can take years sometimes, you can choose when you want to go back."

"Will I at least be able to watch what happens down there?"

"Yes. You will be able to see and hear what is going on by just thinking about a specific person who you want to see. If you want to be back down there, you will be able to go down there, but only as a spirit until your mind and soul have healed, so the living won't be able to see, hear, or touch you."