Chapter 23: Search and Destroy Part 2

3rd P.o.V:

Team RWBY and (F/I).WAR continue to make there way thru the grimms. Blake, and Anubis slices the previous shift, and a random slash going to the view Oobleck rooting through a plant as Grimm parts fall around him. He and Vulcan  are in the center of the faces of the tired Team RWBY and Whitley. While Y/n, Anubis and Rook look as if they haven't broken a sweat.

Oobleck: *As the newest batch of slain monster corpses starts smoking as Vulcan burns there corpses, he happily cries* "Excellent work, girls! Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be any signs of criminal operation in this sector. Oh well! Moving on!"

Yang: "As they follow Oobleck, with Ruby sheathing her scythe and beckoning Zwei to follow, she irritably asks* "Hey, Doc, y'know, I was actually looking forward to seeing a 'Pro huntsman' in action. Like fighting,or at least help us fight, like Mr. Vulcan."

Oobleck: *over his shoulders* "Ah, but I am in action! Scouring the ruins of this once-great city for any signs of irregularity! *fully turns to the team RWBY* "No every mission is filled with daring and heroism, girls. Sometimes it's heightened form of extermination! *viewing Yang's reluctantly-accepting face as well as Oobleck's serious rebuttal.* "Remember, this is a job, and you all signed up for it. I do hope you understand that."

Yang: "Well, yeah.." *trying to sound more res

olute with her answer* "O-of course!"

Oobleck: *with the camera zoomed in on his opague glasses* "Hmm..."

The scene changes to the view of another victory of Team (F/I).WAR, RWB, Vulcan amid the noise of gunshots and the sound of crackling flames, but switches again to Oobleck and Yang from the group

Oobleck: "Tell me, Yang: Why did you choose this line of work?"

Yang: "Huh?" *under Oobleck's gaze, she answers* "Well, to fight monster and save-"

Oobleck: *cutting* "No, that's is what you do. I want to know why do it. The honest reason as to why you want to be a Huntress."

Yang: *considers this, then answers* "The honest reason? I'm a thrill-seeker, I want to travel around the world and get wrapped up in as many crazy adventures as I can. And if I help people along the way, then that's even better. It's a win-win, y'know?"

Oobleck: "I see."

One claw-scratch transition later, Oobleck is sitting on high windowsill writing in his journal while Weiss fights off Beowolves below.

Oobleck: "And you, Miss Schnee? A girl born into fame and fortune such as yourself certainly doesn't need the extra work. So... why choose this over a cushy job in Atlas?"

Weiss: "After she impales the last foe on her blade and drops the body* "It's exactly as you said: I'm a Schnee. I have a legacy of honor to uphold. Once I realized I was capable of fighting, there was no longer a question of what would do with my life. It was my duty."

Oobleck: *nodding* "Interesting."

Oobleck jumps down into the next scene, where Blake slashes a door down and releases a swarm of small Nevermore from the building, which she back-flips under before she shoots them all with her blade's pistol form.

Oobleck: *As he examines the inside of the doorway* "And what about you, Blake? You seem to carry yourself with a sense of purpose."

Blake: "There's too much wrong in this world to just stand by and do nothing. Inequality, corruption.... Someone has to stop it."

Oobleck: "Very well. How?"

Blake: *suddenly, she cannot answer* "I, uh..."

Later, Ruby is using weapon in the most pratical fashion and lifting a whole turkey on the sharp end of her gun to tease a jumping and flipping Zwei with. That is, until she spots her teacher watching, quickly sheathing Crescent Rose.