[27] Playing Detective

Today, like the few before, you woke up early, your body screaming at you. Events of yesterday came back instantly, and you frowned, trying to reach out to the voice that had been in your head. It didn't come back - it was just you, left alone with your thoughts. You could almost write it off, but... No. It was certainly real.

Searching within yourself, you felt your nen back at its normal levels, flowing throughout you - that was something. You were still exhausted, but at least you weren't cut off from your nen anymore.

Crossing your legs on your bed and getting ready to meditate for the day, you were startled as your door slammed open, revealing Hawks. You glared, not really appreciating the interruption.

Doing a double take at your ruffled, bed-head appearance, Hawks shook his head. "You're a sight for sore eyes, kid, but I hope you're ready to go today. Get dressed in your hero suit," he said, before grinning at you. "We're doing something different today."

Leaving the room as quickly as he had appeared, you stuck your tongue out at his back before complying. Your limbs were sore, yes, but able to move, and that was what was important. Still, you found yourself grimacing at the stiffness as you took a quick shower and made yourself presentable, frowning at your reflection in the mirror. A sight for sore eyes, indeed. You had bags under your eyes, and your skin was paler than normal. You felt fine, but certainly didn't look the part.

When you deemed yourself ready, you left your room to find Usagi waiting for you. The girl bowed to you before immediately taking you to the meeting room where you were first reunited with Kurapika on your first day here.

Waiting in the room was Hawks and Kurapika - thankfully no Hisoka, which was unsurprising. Wherever he was staying, it wasn't here, and it wasn't uncommon for him to just disappear for hours at a time to do god knows what. He even left in the middle of your "training" with him sometimes, not that you were complaining about his absence. It was a blessing, honestly.

"So what's different about today? I actually am really enjoying the basic training," you stated, somewhat sarcastic. Kurapika looked annoyed if anything as Hawks spoke.

"I have business in Hosu, and you two are coming with me."

Hosu... Oh, yeah. In light of everything that was going on, you totally forgot to ask Hisoka about his cryptic as fuck warning. Was it too late to ask now?

Kurapika crossed his arms. "I should be staying out of public eye, if Chrollo knows I'm here then it will make things a lot harder." You were inclined to agree with Kurapika. It was hard for you to stay out of the spotlight no thanks to being in U.A. and the sport's festival, but Kurapika's existence in this world was tight under wraps.

Hawks wasn't having it. "Wear a disguise then, but I don't trust you enough to exactly leave you here while we're in Hosu." While Kurapika was a good guy and you'd definitely vouch for him, you didn't blame Hawks for being skeptical. After all, in his line of work, it was probably smart to not be overly trusting.

Kurapika scowled, not wanting to go along with Hawks for a moment, and the two went off to the side to have a heated discussion, leaving you standing there in your hero outfit, impatiently tapping your foot. It didn't help that you were entirely left out and cast aside from this conversation now.

After a couple more minutes, with you finally resorting to scrolling through memes on your phone, Hawks shrugged. "Okay, fine, stay here, but if we find any information about Chrollo or the League we're not messaging you. You'll have to wait until we get back. And don't mess with anything around here, just stick in your room or something."