END 11: Shinsou Hitoshi

"My decision . . . Guys, I'm — I want to go home," you started, struggling slightly, "but... Don't laugh at me, but I want to get more of my favorite candy here before I go back."

". . . What?"

Seeing Kurapika's obviously confused face, you gave them all a sheepish grin. "You can't get it our world, so I figured I should probably stock up before I head back, yanno?"

Funnily enough, the one who understood you was Killua. The teen shoved his hands in his pockets, nodding as if you had made perfect sense.

"I was bummed that they don't have choco-robos in this world, so I understand that."

Leorio was looking back and forth between you and Killua, baffled that the two of you were motivated by candy of all things. "Are you two serious? Candy is on your priority list?!"

Holding up a hand before he could blow up more, you gave Leorio a knowing look. "You'd be like that too if you had some of the candy in this world. Twizzlers, Reese's Pieces, Skittles... KIT-KATS, for crying out loud!"

You might as well have spoken another language to them, because Leorio, Kurapika, and Gon all looked lost. Funnily enough, Killua was nodding along sagely.

"Have you tried those Butterfinger candy bars yet?" He asked, and you beamed at him.

"YES! You understand my pain!" Reaching forward, you went to hug him only for the ex-assassin to immediately swat you away, a peeved look appearing on his face.

"Get off me, hag!"

Well, there went that kinship — it was gone as fast as it had formed.

Scratching the back of his neck, Leorio finally shook his head. ". . . I'm going to go now," he announced, giving you a hug from the side. "I'll see you later... I guess?"

You gave Leorio a double thumbs up, grinning. "See ya, Mr. Leorio!"

With a few more grumbles, and a red tint to his cheeks, Leorio bid goodbye to everybody else before stepping through the portal. It left a temporary, awkward silence, and you finally clapped your hands twice.

"Okay, let's just go. I'll see you guys later, I'm going to go grab some candy and then I'll be back in our world."

Kurapika didn't look too convinced, but you forced him into a hug nonetheless. "I'll see you later, then," he finally said. "Don't cause trouble, alright?"

"Considering your goal, I think I'm more worried about you causing trouble," you admitted, grinning when you saw the deadpan he gave you. Giggling, you ushered him to the portal. "Haha, just kidding, just kidding, bye Pika!"

Once he stepped through the portal, you exhaled. ". . . I was not kidding, that boy worries me way too much."

From behind you, Killua snorted. "I think you're the one that causes the most worry here, [Y/n]."

Your clever response was to turn around and stick your tongue out at him. He rolled his eyes, and Gon merely laughed, too used to yours and Killua's nonstop bickering by now.

Somethings never seem to change.

"I'll see you two soon, okay?" you asked, your grin dying down into a softer smile. "So go give Ging hell for me. I'll probably bum around in York New City for a bit, okay?"

Gon frowned, almost pouting. "What if you run into Chrollo?"

You snorted. "With Ai on my side now? We'll just send him to the Dark Continent or some shit. I'm like an over-powered anime character now. Hell, I could probably beat Goku!"