[21] Underlying Threat

Start from the beginning

A hand slowly making it's way up to your face, you were shocked to feel the wetness and hastily wiped at your eyes. "No, I'm fine, I'm fine! Just a bit homesick!"

The brunette started to calm down a bit, and you shot her a soft smile, grabbing her hand. "Besides, I've been able to meet you all. It's worth it."

Your words seemed to affect your two friends. While you couldn't exactly see Izuku's face, you felt him sniffle, and Ochaco let out a loud "Aww!" before hugging you.

"A-ah, not so tight, Ochaco!"

"Oh! Sorry!!"

Soon enough, the three of you had made it to Recovery Girl's office, the old woman waiting by her door for you. Her face was still disapproving, but she saved you the lecture and gave you a big kiss as you requested her healing to focus on the burns. After hearing about Shouto's past, you figured if your skin scarred he would probably never forgive himself. Besides, you hated burn wounds. You could deal with the cuts, scrapes, and bruises, but your skin felt more sensitive with burns and the chafing of your clothes against your irritated skin was just way too much.

"Agh, I feel way too tired after that..." Recover Girl was true to her promise, though - the last of your burn wounds had completely ebbed away, leaving [s/k] skin that had seen better days.

At Recovery Girl's request, you were to take it easy over the next couple of days and stay in the wheelchair until you came back to school in two days. You weren't complaining - your legs felt like jelly. You would not be able to walk right now.

Her gaze softening, Recovery Girl patted your head. "The rest will heal up quickly on their own, Freecss, but be more careful next time. Even if they are student matches, you shouldn't allow yourself to let your guard down like that. You're lucky none of your bones broke when you hit that wall," she scolded, before patting your cheek once. "Now get her home, you two, and I better not see any of you back here soon!"

Ochaco and Izuku affirmed her words as you all bid her goodbye, the latter wheeling you out of school. The sun was already setting, and as you told them where you lived you were glad to find out that you were on their way home. You'd feel really bad if they went out of their way to take you home!

Riding the train was awkward as they carefully lifted the handicap seat to fit your wheelchair in, a majority of the passengers being courteous in making room for you as they all congratulated you three for your work in the sport's festival.

Damn, I feel like a celebrity...

Getting off the train, the sky a dark orange from the setting sun, the three of you all talked about various things. The upcoming internships, things you wished you could have changed about the festival, school work, etc. Conversation didn't seem to run dry between the three of you, which was really nice. Most of the talking was done by you and Ochaco, with Izuku interjecting on occasion to join in on the stream of talking.

"Hey, Izuku," you started as you craned your neck back, trying to look at his face from above you in your chair. "Do you have Shouto's phone number?"

"Eh?!"

Your request surprised both of your friends, and you couldn't help but laugh lightly at the shock that crossed their faces. "I just want to tell him I'm fine. He looked really upset when he burned me..."

A look of recognition crossed Izuku's face at your words, and he nodded. If anybody understood Shouto's feelings... It would definitely be Izuku. "Y-yeah, I can give it to you..."

You had opened your mouth to thank him, but somebody else beat you to the punch, effectively shutting you up.

"That was quite the show you put on back there, [N/n]."