[20] Consequences

Start from the beginning

Unable to fully dodge as an ice spike shot out towards you, you felt your right sleeve tear, the ice cutting into your skin. You whistled, grinning as your skin immediately stitched itself back together. Shouto's eyes fell on the vanishing injury, eyes widening slightly.

"Damn... That was pretty sharp for just a friendly battle, dude." He didn't respond to your taunt as you spun twice towards him before kicking your leg out to hit him clear in the stomach. Despite the speed, Shouto had picked up on your intent and swiftly ducked under your leg before pulling it down.

Unfortunately, that put you in an unfortunate position. With the way your leg was pulled away from you, your other leg went the opposite way, forcing you to do the splits. Thank god for your flexibility and the fact you were able to do this before; you did not want to imagine how painful that would be otherwise.

From above, everybody let out a pained "oooh!" as Present Mic gave his ever-so-helpful commentary. "A full on splits... And yet Freecss remains unfazed!"

Shouto's mismatched eyes had widened again as he saw you go into the splits, but that gaze narrowed quickly as you put both hands on the ground and swung your back leg around to sweep under Shouto's feet, your legs now together again. You tried to stand up, but your opponent's hand wrapped tightly around your ankle, pulling you down again. In an attempt to twist out of his group, you fell at an awkward angle, diving headfirst into concrete.

Immediately, black started to dot your vision, and you knew your head was bleeding. Thankfully, you were still in hatsu mode - you had about two and a half minutes left - and your head healed.

Still, just because you could heal didn't mean that that didn't fucking hurt.

Lashing out blindly as Shouto stood back up, you held your head for a moment, muttering obscenities under your breath the whole time.

Stumbling to a stand, the world around you spun, Shouto doubling for a moment before your vision became focused again.

"And Freecss is still able to fight! Whew, and I thought Todoroki had won that time for sure!"

Thanks for the vote of confidence, Present Mic.

Finally, Shouto spoke up, eyes lingering on your forehead for a second before meeting your defiant gaze. "You should just quit. If you get anymore injuries, you're going to pass out."

Why you . . . !

Furious, you clenched your fists. "As if! You haven't even fought me at your 100% yet, how am I supposed to fight at mine?! You declared war against me, too . . . and yet you patronize me and refuse to use your left side!"

Stepping forward, you continued to shout. "I can't . . . I can't accept a win if I beat you when you're going easy, and I'm certainly not going to give up. If I have to, I'll beat your ass around this godforsaken arena until you do give your all!"

For a moment, he was silent, the crowd going silent as well to listen for Shouto's response.

"An absolute win, huh . . ? In that case, I'll end this now."

Not the words you were expecting, but the end result was what you wanted as flames erupted from his left side, effectively thawing out the frost that had begun to creep onto Shouto's skin. Excitement coursing through your veins, you burst forward again.

Adding fire to the fight made things much more difficult. Burns were more painful to you than the cuts and blows you had received before, and while your skin was constantly repairing itself, it didn't stop you from trying to avoid his flames altogether.