Getting into position, you all tensed, and you frowned at a realization right before Midnight called for the start of the game.

"... Hitoshi, what was your quirk again?"

The horn blared as everybody leapt towards Izuku, your team staying behind for a moment as Hitoshi grinned from above you.

"Mind control."

"E-eh?!"

He had no time to elaborate as you all were pushed into the fray yourselves, you immediately on the defense. Watching as Izuku's team sunk slowly into the ground, your team moved around with ease, and you had no time to ask Hitoshi if he could elaborate on what he means by mind control. He wasn't controlling you, right? Would you be able to tell? You weren't sure, but were positive you were acting of your own free will and were grateful that Hitoshi hadn't used his quirk on you to force you to be on his team if it was true.

Not that it mattered right now. You most certainly did not have the time to worry about it as Hitoshi's hand shot out, grabbing the headband of a nearby team filled with what looked to be Class B students. Already, you guys had gotten one other headband, but you still had leagues to go if you were going to wind up in first place!

Seeing movement from the corner of your eyes, you saw something flash towards you, and on instinct you raised your free arm to shield yourself.

Ko!!!

It was basic and instinctual. From the moment you had been learning nen, you had to learn how to protect both body and mind from other nen attacks; while quirks weren't the same - they were derived off genetics and evolution - your nen worked just as well to protect your arm, barely even budging from your spot as you were hit. You barely even flinched, locking eyes with your assailant and brightening up in recognition.

"Oh, you're that guy from 1-B, the loud one!"

"Your skin is like armor!"

Knowing his team would try hard to grab either of your headbands, you shoved him back roughly, spurring your team to move away before they could recover. It'd be nice if you could project some sort of shield around you, but not only would that have required you to practice in the emitter category, but there is no way that would fit into your quirk description.

Watching as Izuku and his team soared through the air, you whistled, impressed. "I'm surprised they still have their headband, that's - whoa!"

You were not appreciative of the next team that tried to attack you all. The rider had a decent amount of headbands and a smile on his face you decidedly hated as he whistled, noting how you had used your nen to protect yourself from the brunt of the attack last minute. "That's an interesting quirk, 1-A, but how long will you keep it up for?"

Gritting your teeth, you didn't bother to answer. It was none of his business!

The blond rider quickly reached towards you, grabbing your arm. You were quick to shake him off. Why did he go after you, and not Hitoshi who had the headbands?

"I'm sure your quirk will help me out a lot!"

Um, what?

Behind him, you could hear Katsuki's enraged yelling as it headed closer to both of your teams, and you pressed your lips together, shaking your head. "You know what, do whatever, but we gotta blast. See ya, definitely don't wanna be ya!"

Moving as one, your team managed to get out of there before you could lose your headbands, and you watched in confusion as the blond tried to defend himself from Katsuki, only for nothing to happen. Earlier, he had said something about basically using your 'quirk' (poor kid didn't know that you didn't have a quirk to begin with), but you could ponder that later.