[13] Always Reaching For the Top

Start from the beginning

Gathering nen solely in your legs and arms, you shot forward like a slingshot, zipping through and up one of the robots, climbing and jumping up. What was supposed to be a simple task got a hell of a lot harder when ice started to cover the entire robot you were on, approaching you at an alarming rate.

"Wha- Shouto!"

You had no other option. Taking a deep breath and praying to the stars that this would work, you launched yourself above and over the robot to avoid the ice, immediately shrouding your body in your nen so you didn't die when you inevitably landed on the ground. The force of your jump had pushed the robot you were on down, and you looked behind briefly to see them all crash, causing you to wince.

Hopefully nobody got hurt.

Bracing yourself, you gritted your teeth as the wind whipped your hair back, Shouto already running ahead.

"Breaking through and in the lead is Class 1-A's Todoroki Shouto, having frozen the robots in place!" Shouting from above the entire time was Present Mic, trying his best to MC the course. "And what's this?! Falling from the sky and also from Class 1-A is Freecss [Y/n] - is falling from the sky a habit for her?! With her quirk, Boost, she can enhance her capabilities at will, making for both the perfect defense and offense! As expected from Class 1-A!"

Just as you roughly landed on the ground, shock traveling up your legs, Shouto had looked behind in surprise, not expecting for somebody else to have made it through so quickly. Without a moment to lose, you forced yourself to run again. Thanks to your nen, besides the soreness permeating through your limbs at your jarring landing, you weren't injured in any other ways. That's good - last thing you needed was to waste your nen on an injury in the qualifier rounds.

Hearing shouts behind you and knowing full well the others would make haste to catch up, you sprinted forward, yelling at Shouto all the while.

"You jerk, you could have killed me!"

He didn't acknowledge you whatsoever, clearly focused on the obstacles ahead. Or, the pit of DOOM.

Joking. Sort of.

Sprawling ahead of you was a large pit with small platforms, and you skidded to a stop to avoid running off the edge. When did they have time to do this?! It was insane!

Taking a step back as you felt a few people catch up, you analyzed the situation before you, humming in thought. You could use your nen in your legs again (your poor legs were going to be screaming by the end of this), but if you over-launched yourself you were definitely going to be in for a wild ride. Your best bet would be to run across the ropes and use your nen to stay on top so you didn't slide, but running in a very straight line might be a bit difficult...

Agh! You didn't have time to debate on how to get across or you were going to fall behind! Already, Shouto was sliding along one of the ropes with ease, Katsuki right behind him in a mass of fiery explosions.

"Dang it..."

Slapping your cheeks to bring some sense into yourself, you decided to just run across. If you fell, you could just climb back up the side of the rocks, and use your nen to protect yourself from impact. Focusing everything into the bottoms of your feet, you went for it.

Running across tightropes was unnerving. Even with the security of your nen keeping you on top, the fall was daunting at best and absolutely terrifying at worst. You weren't afraid of heights normally, but damn this was freaky! Ignoring the shouts behind you (you were positive somebody had shouted, "Freeccss, you're a psycho to do that!") you pressed forward.