one

Tia's POV:

I wiped a tear from my face, not daring to look back. I promised myself I would not look back. Not that there is anything back there for me. There never was and there never will be. My hand swiped over my face one last time as I gripped my suitcases tighter.

I trudged through the Atlanta airport, my feet in a bit more pain with every step. Standing for an hour waiting for your baggage is not the ideal way I spend my time.

My body crashed into a hard wall. I clenched my eyes shut, embarrassment flooding through my body like a menopausal hot flash.

When I convinced myself to open my eyes, I gasped.

Not a wall! That is not a freaking wall!

Hard, striking green eyes bored into my browns. Green is a lack of description. I'd say emerald. Even with his sunglasses, his gaze burned through.

My knees lock up. I had to lift my head just to catch a glimpse of him. My lips parted as my eyes ran across his face.

I noticed the tattoos on his neck and trailing into his hair. I've never been a girl for tattoos, but lord these look good. They're all over. His hands, up his wrists and arms. I can barely see a patch of skin without ink except for his face. A hard knot in my stomach formed.

My eyes back up to his. The green eyes softened for a moment. That moment ended almost a soon as it began. They went cold again.

"Why do have eyes if you don't use them?" My lips sealed back together as my face slightly scrunched up.

"Excuse me?"

"I know you heard me." The man growled, perching his shades on top of his hair. When my eyes trailed to my busted up Converses, I felt two fingers take hold of my chin. He brought my eyes back up to his. "Never put your head down, Princess. You're too pretty for that. A little slow, but pretty. Show some dignity." And just like that he walked off.
Did he just call me slow?

Jerk. That amazingly hot jerk.

I huffed and brushed the feeling off and started walked again. My foot caught on someone else's suitcase. I tipped over and crashed face first into the floor. Cheek smushed against the cold, dirty floor.

•••

1550 Meadow Street.

I looked out the window, my mouth open. He really hooked me up. I parked my rental car in the driveway and grabbed my bags from the trunk. I dragged my stuff up the wooden stairs of the porch. A squeal left my mouth when I unlocked the door and walked in. The place is huge!

Okay, it's average size, but compared to what I'm used to, it's gigantic. It's a one floor home with three bedrooms, a spacious living room and kitchen, and a nice pool in the back. I'm completely content with this place. I don't think I'll ever move again.

Setting my bags in the master bedroom, I sighed in content.

The rest of my life starts here.

***
Hello, gorgeous! I want to know what you guys think. Any comments, questions, or corrections you have, you can tell me about it. You can also DM me if you want. I love taking suggestions.
Btw, this story is just a quick experiment. If it starts getting actual views and attention, I'll continue it. If not, I'll most likely delete it.
kissy kissy muah muah 💋
-🌻