Chapter Midoriya

No one knew quite how, but Sokka had managed to convince Zuko to stop training with Aang and have a beach party.

Quite in character, Zuko elected to spend it inside.

Katara and Todoroki were surfing in the water while Midoriya and Kirishima were playing volleyball (Kirishima was winning by a lot; recreational sports isn't Midoriya's forte).

Bakugo and Suki were sunbathing and Sokka was attempting to build a sculpture of Suki incredibly unsuccessfully.

Toph was practising bending sand while Aang watched in awe.

Seemingly out of nowhere, Zuko leapt out of the house and onto the beach, sending blasts of fire at Aang, but also covering Bakugo with sand and blowing Sokka's Suki sculpture up.

Aang quickly evaded the attacks, heading back into the house. Zuko furrowed his brow(s?), following him, never stopping his fire to let him breathe.

Aang used his air to knock furniture in the others way which his promptly burst into flames and jumped over.

Finally, the Avatar sent a strong blast of wind at Zuko, throwing him back through the wall and into the bushes below.

"What's wrong with you? You could of hurt Aang!" Katara angrily said.

Bakugo scoffed. "Based on this shitshow and your past relationship he can barely lay a finger on any of you."

"Quiet."

"Sozins Comet is in three days and you can just sit around throwing beach parties?" Zuko shouted, getting off the ground.

"Actually... I was thinking of waiting until after the comet to confront the Firelord." Aang mumbled out as he rubbed the back of his neck.

"Are you an idiot?" Bakugo asked, blunt as ever.

"And you didn't tell me?" Zuko asked, with a hint of sarcasm in his tone.

"Zuko has got a point, Aang. It's obvious that they'll be planning something big for it, and we can't let it happen." Todoroki pointed out.

"I didn't want to have to tell you this, but before I left, I was in an important war meeting." Aang suddenly looked attentive. "He said that he would burn the Earth Kingdom to the ground."

"And you didn't think to tell us?" Sokka asked harshly.

"I didn't think I'd have to." Zuko snapped back.

"Everything's gonna be fine, Aang. We're here for you." Midoriya reassured.

"Yeah! Team Avatar is back! Air! Water! Earth! Fire! Superheroes! Fan and sword!" Sokka yelled, making his way around the group.

"This is going to be the hardest thing we've ever done together, but I wouldn't want to do it any other way." everyone joined Aang in a group hug aside from Bakugo and Zuko (even Todoroki joined in, even though he was partly dragged in by Midoriya).

"Get in, you two. Being part of the group also means being part of group hugs." Katara said, pulling them into the hug.

~~~~~

"There's one technique you'll need to know before facing my father. How to redirect lightening." Zuko told Aang. "If you let the energy in your body flow, the lightening will follow it."

Midoriya and Todoroki were sat on some steps near where they were training playing with Momo.

"That's like waterbending!" Aang pointed out as Zuko showed him the positions and directions of energy. Aang followed his movements.