Chapter 8: So Cold, It Burns

WARNING: Self-harm up ahead.

________________________________________

Katsuki thought he was burning with rage.

That was a lie.

He wasn't burning with rage, not anymore.

He was burning but it wasn't from heated rage.

It was from cold.

It was so cold, it burned.

^^*************^^

The teacher was droning on about something again. Wait....what subject was this period for again?

Katsuki couldn't find it in himself to care.

He was tired, god he was tired. Another nightmare reared its ugly rear at him last night at fu$king 3 AM in the morning and as though to rub salt into the wound, he couldn't go back to sleep and by the time he felt like nodding off, he had to get ready for school by then.

He fiddled with the All Might action figure, making sure he kept it low so his desk could hide it. He held it in his hand, taking note that maybe he should try cleaning it up and oh $hit, the cape nearly fell off again. Dang, he should really just replace it.

He closed his eyes.

Big mistake.

A jolt travelled through his body, making him shoot up straight, back rigid as an iron pole.

Blinking dazedly, he realized he almost fell asleep and would've if Tsuya hadn't oh so graciously kicked his chair.

For once, he was grateful she kicked him.

'Sleep. I need fu$king sleep.' He groaned.

Should he....should he consider asking the old hag to buy him some kinda sleep medication? But if he does, then she might try to actually drag him to see some random stranger called a 'therapist' and he didn't want to push his luck since she hasn't done as such.....not yet anyways.

"-kugou-san!"

He blinked and his head shot up so fast, he nearly got whiplash. Katsuki mentally cursed when he realized that the teacher had been calling his name and he'd zoned out.

Again.

"Say what again?" he asked.

The teacher sighed.

"What do you have under there, Bakugou-san? Bring it here." He said, gesturing for Katsuki to hand it over.

Like he!l he's going to hand over the one solid anchor Katsuki had that linked him to Izu.

His grip tightened on it and he scowled.

"No."

That one word rang through firmly.

Silence fell over the class. Silence so thick, you could hear a pin drop.

"Bakugou-san-" the teacher tried but Katsuki wasn't having it.

"NO!" he repeated, standing up and slamming his hands down. "I won't hand it over." He hissed.

"That's enough! Your attitude is-"

"Lay off him."

That.....wasn't him.

It was Tsuya.

Sure enough, all eyes turned to her with baited breath, waiting to see who'll make the next throw of the dice.

"Sensei, please. Katsuki's.....trying, ok? We're both trying. If you take that away, you're gonna affect his mental and emotional wellbeing." She tried to placate.