Of course I have no damn clue where I am. I pull out my GPS, the tip of my finger turning white as I jab the touch screen roughly. The mechanical voice directs me to make a u-turn before turning left at the stop sign. I flip open my glove compartment and rummage around until finally locating a crumpled pack of cigarettes. Yes, I quit, however I kept a few stashed for emergency fits of anger. This situation more than qualifies. "Yeah, yeah, I'm going," I snapped at the talking box on my dash. Now I'm yelling at my GPS, it's bitching because the car hasn't moved. I light a cigarette and roll down the window. I just can't believe he stood there and..... It was like a father chastising a wayward child that was caught sneaking out of the house. After I finish smoking I turn the car around and start to drive. When I get to an area I recognize I turn off the GPS, fully capable of making it home on my own. I'm still angry so I lit up a second cigarette. So lost in my thoughts I nearly missed my exit off of the highway. Gage is lucky he's not here right now. I don't know exactly what I'd say but he'd definitely get an ear full.

In addition to the agitation I'm feeling a certain level of curiosity. It was only one touch, that's it. He literally put one hand on my hip. Just an innocent touch, a touch that set my body ablaze. When I pull in the driveway I'm still trying to understand it. How can a single hand placed against my hip affect me so completely? I close my eyes, reliving the scene. I can literally feel the rough bark scratching my back. The heat from his skin infiltrated through the fabric of my dress. My breath shudders when I exhale at the image in my mind. I push open the car door and take a moment to take a few breaths of fresh air. I walk in through the unlocked door of the house and march into the living room. "I'm going to change clothes before we get into this." Gage simply looks at me, "No." I pause in the doorway at his response. "NO?!" I responded to him incredulously. "That's what I said, no.....Now I have a seat." He motions for me to come back into the room. "You know something Gage, you have a lot of nerve talking to me like that," I snap at him yet my feet walk toward him. "Katya. Sit. Down." There's that tone again. Suddenly I am sitting on the couch. He sits on the coffee table directly in front of me. His body leans forward, arms resting on his thighs. My eyes drift down to my hands in my lap. Now I'm nervous and jittery. A gentle finger touches my chin, lifting my eyes to see the piercing green ones so close to mine. Gradually he leans even closer, tilting his head before he finally speaks. This time his voice is soft and sensual and seems to caress my ears with every word. "Talk to me darlin'." I inhale in short rapid bursts, a pant-like breath in reverse. Was that a moan from his lips or mine? I have no clue. Our faces are so close together, our lips just inches apart. I rest my chin in his cupped hand. We are both frozen, neither of us able or willing to break free of the connection.

"Oh good God Gage! Are you still tormenting the girl? Just give it a rest already. Katya, take your ass in the other room and get out of my dress please. Oh, and put it on the hanger, don't just toss it over a chair." She bounced through the living room toward the kitchen. Fresh from the shower she is towel drying her hair, not really paying us any attention. I swallow hard and clear my throat looking deeply into Gage's eyes. "May I go change now?" Surprise washes over his face as he runs his thumb across my lips. His eyes flick back and forth from my eyes to my lips sending a bolt of electricity straight between my thighs. "Please?" The word came out much more raspy and throaty than intended. This time I know the moan comes from him. "Yes you may......hurry back." I nod and he sits back, allowing me enough room to stand before I walk up the stairs.

As I entered Circe's room, I closed the door and leaned back against it. "What the hell?" I murmured to myself. Did I seriously just ask his permission to change my clothes? Not only did I ask, I'm grateful he granted me permission. What does that even mean? I quickly flew around the room so I could "hurry back" as instructed. When I make it back to the living room they are sitting together on the couch. "Look Circe, I'm sorry. I should never have put you in that position. It was all my idea, Gage. I pushed her into it." I make myself comfortable in the chair across from them. "I'm a big girl Kit. I know how to say no and I didn't. I've already talked to my brother and we are good. Thank you though, for the apology. Just remember, no means no okay." She jumps up and starts to walk away. "Alright, um...I'm out." I look between the two of them in confusion. "Wait, what?" She pauses in the doorway looking back at me. "We did my part. The rest is all about the two of you. I'm not going to sit here and listen to kinky sex 101. I've attended that lecture already. I'm going to bed. Goodnight." She smiles and waves at me over her shoulder as she rounds the corner out of sight.

My eyes swing to Gage who is leaning back on the couch. "And then there were two....." He flashed me a wicked smile then pats the couch cushion beside him. "Katya, please come over here." There I go again. I'm lowering myself beside him as my body moves of its own volition. "Why was it so important for you to go to the party?" Straight to the point with no pretense, just an honest question seeking an equally honest answer. Right now he is just Gage, the guy I've spent countless hours hanging out with. "I just needed to see what it was all about. I have to understand some things." I released a relaxed sigh. "Circe told you there were appropriate places for that. I would be happy to take you to the next one I find." I look at him incensed. "But I needed to know now," I told him, my voice pleading. "Needed? You keep saying that. What made it a necessity instead of a desire?" He's watching me closely, bordering on the edge of those two personalities, my friend and the sex God I find myself craving. He's assessing not only my answers but my body language as well. I avert my eyes because I know if I get caught in his stare my voice will fail me. "Ever since the move I've been having these thoughts and feelings. It's like an emptiness I guess. That's the only way I can describe it." I glance up at him and feel a few tears escape. Quickly I turn away and try to brush them off, hoping he didn't notice. "Don't give me that look. I'm not missing them if that's what you're thinking. I see them every day. Sometimes more than I'd like...... and it's not about sex, believe me, I'm sure I could find a more than willing participant for that." I feel the heat in my face, blushing as his eyes darken. The hints of amber in his eyes start to appear glittery against deep pools of green.

"Sit up straight, you're slouching." Something inside me pulls my spine to attention causing his eyebrow to arch. "Why did you do that?" His tone holds a trace of wonder and curiosity. Why did I do it? I didn't even think about it. His voice wasn't harsh or demanding. I didn't feel threatened in any way. "I'm......I'm honestly not sure." I look into his eyes and while I'm aware I didn't give him an answer I can see his satisfaction at my honesty. I feel a sense of pride from within at having put that look in his eyes. As he continues to watch me, he leans even closer. "What are you thinking, right...now? Don't think, just say it. What exactly ran through your mind after your last answer?" I felt embarrassed and dropped my eyes on my lap. "Well, I....um.." He raises my head once again to meet his eyes. "I need you to look at me right now Katya. It's important."

My smile slips from my lips and I can only nod. He softly caresses my face to ease my nerves. I relax instantly. "I felt happy and a little proud of myself, which is something I'm not used to feeling." Nodding his head, his eyes roam my body. He reads everything from my eyes to my shoulders, hands, even the way I'm sitting. "What did you do that made you feel this sense of self worth?" Leaning back again, he props his elbow on the back of the couch. Covering his lips he rests his chin in his hands. Keeping my eyes locked with his I began to speak.

"Unless I'm wrong I thought.....well..." I know I don't have a clear answer but at least I told him a form of the truth. "Something in your eyes told me that was the real point of that question. You wanted the truth, not what I thought you wanted to hear. Even if that truth was ugly or unsatisfying. Your eyes just... ....approved and my body and mind responded with those emotions. Happiness....... Pride.... That's why I need help understanding now and not later. I can't continue this, this internal struggle. I need some sort of clarity before my questions and confusion drive me insane."