chapter 39

"Biana, I need your help. . ." Sophie said slowly. She was holding her imparter higher than normal, keeping her neck out of frame. 

"Yeah, what is it?" 

Sophie moved the camera down a bit, showing her neck and the love bites Keefe had left. 

Biana's squeal of excitement was so loud Sophie was worried that her parents had heard it from all the way inside the house. "ARE THOSE WHAT I THINK THEY ARE?" 

Sophie mentally winced. "Uh, yes?" 

"I'm coming over right now!" 

"Wait Biana-" Sophie's words were cut off by the little jingle that told her Biana had ended the call. 

She pocketed her imparter and walked back to Keefe and her bodyguards. 

By the looks of things, she probably shouldn't have left Keefe alone with Bo and Ro, and of course Sandor also had to be there. 

"How did you guys know to find us?" Keefe asked. 

"We figured that if we left you two alone for too long, we may just get some," Tarina cleared her throat before continuing. "Unwanted, uh, kids." She said hesitantly. 

Keefe's cheeks flared red. "I never would've let that happen." He said confidently, though his adams apple was bobbing in his throat nervously. 

"By the way you two were going . . ." Flori muttered. 

Keefe looked like he was about to respond before spotting Sophie. "Foster, how'd the call with Biana go?" 

"She's coming, and she's excited." Sophie said vaguely. 

"Should we give you two a minute alone or. . ." Ro teased. Both Sophie's and Keefe's cheeks heated furiously. 

"You know it has been a while since I wrote a new verse to the ballad of Bo and Ro. Too long if you ask me." Keefe said with a smirk. 

Ro and Bo both snarled. 

"Soulmates." 

Their scowls deepened, making Keefe's smug smirk grow. 

"I should go see if Miss Vacker has arrived." Sandor said, walking off in the direction of Havenfield. 

"In the meantime," Ro started. "Why don't we ask our little blondie here about her time getting spicy with our Hunkyhair." 

Sophie knew that her face was bright red. "I'd rather not." 

"And why not, Foster?" Keefe asked, clearly enjoying how flustered Sophie was getting. 

"Why are you on her side?!" Sophie wheeled on her boyfriend. 

Keefe shrugged. "I want to see what you have to say." 

"Did you at least enjoy it?" Ro asked innocently. 

Sophie's cheeks flamed. "No comment." 

Ro frowned, clearly disappointed. "Come on, give us something." She urged. 

"Sophie!" Biana screamed as she ran to her excitedly, saving her from Ro. She pushed back Sophie's hair to inspect her neck, her eyes widening. "They look even darker in person. I thought there were only three." She frowned. 

"There are." Sophie said, a pucker forming between her eyebrows. 

"No, there's five." Biana said slowly. 

"What? No there's not." Sophie asked. 

Biana gently tapped five spots on her neck. "Here, here, here, here, and here." She told her, trying to conceal her laughter. She pulled a mirror out of a bag in her hand, handing it to Sophie. Just saying, the mirror was a heck of a lot easier to look into than her crystal.